ok all you ableton pros out there

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mimesis

ok all you ableton pros out there

Post by mimesis » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:05 pm

what presets/plug ins do you use the most for the following- for both manipulated/tweaked effects and enhanced effects:

vocals
(like telepopmusic, NIN, ministry and mike patton)
bass
drums;overhead/kick/snare

- and are there any Live user sites with custom presets for discussion or download?

in my experience, some effects are great, but some are dangerous (prone to feedback in a live situation)

I am also having drum mic issues w/feedback and noise cancellation.. any suggestions?

ps- I am relatively new to forum posting, what is "sticky" posting anyway?
www.myspace.com/imimesis
live 6.0.5, Logic 7.1.1 OS X 10.4.8, minimoog voyager EB, MF-104Z Analog Delay, MF ring mod, Machinedrum SPS-1 UW, Virus TI desktop, PMG5 2.0DP/1.5GB, Mackie Control/XT/C4, MOTU midi express 8X8, AKAI MPD 16, MOTU TRAVELER.

iriXx

Re: ok all you ableton pros out there

Post by iriXx » Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:12 pm

mimesis wrote:what presets/plug ins do you use the most for the following- for both manipulated/tweaked effects and enhanced effects:

vocals
(like telepopmusic, NIN, ministry and mike patton)
bass
drums;overhead/kick/snare
i've just been messing around with this tonight, getting some nice results from mda Overdrive and believe it or not Megatrancer... which can be used subtly to make some industrial bleeps...

yet to do much vocal stuff in Live... im gradually having my arm twisted into migrating from ProTools (thanx mindlobster ;).... been messing with the Waves plugins to mess up my vocals... tho im a female vocalist so ymmv...

m~

iriXx

another good one

Post by iriXx » Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:40 pm

just found this... very surprised by the effect...

get a power chord, pretty low down in the bass, and put the Live2 reverb on it... then under Global set size really low... around 2 or 3....

interesting....rrooOOArr...

ok no more hot tips guys i gotta keep some secret recipes for myself... ;)

m~
. ..: :. www.iriXx.org .: :.. .

cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:21 am

Btw, a "sticky" is a post that's kept all on top off the forum threads ...usually used for +/- important posts
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de