MIDI Keyboard Controllers and Hot Loop Based Sex Rhythms

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
InvizibleKid

MIDI Keyboard Controllers and Hot Loop Based Sex Rhythms

Post by InvizibleKid » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:48 am

Hi folks. I've just started learning Ableton Live after a several year hiatus from making electronic music, and DAMN! It sure does kick some fooking arse!

Anyway, I sold off all of my audio gear a few years back and I need a new controller keyboard, so I was hoping that some of you guys might have a bit of know how and experience in this department.

I'm not a keyboard/piano player by any means, but I can belt out a decent riff on the keys if needs be (as they do), so I'd like a 49 key, but might settle for 25 if the controller is dope enough. Knobs, sliders and buttons are obviously a good thing.

I'm looking at:
E-MU Xboard 49
Evolution MK449C
Edirol pcrm 30

At a stretch, but I'd rather not have to stretch:
Korg MicroKontrol
CME UF5

I can't test all of these boards where I live, unfortunately, so opinions would be much appreciated, and any other options I might've missed would be sweet.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:23 pm

The CMEs are definitely not a stretch man... Seriously. I felt one up at a music store a while back (oo-er) and they really look and feel like the most pro controller keyboards available this side of a grand.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

drummond

Post by drummond » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:28 pm

I can vouch for the Edirol PCR-M30, got one a few weeks ago and it does the job nicely! Decent software off their website for configuring it too.

Even survives my...erm...'careful' handling... :roll: it bounces well enough, anyway.

rolfski

Post by rolfski » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:25 am

I like my 449c. Has all the knobs and works like a charm!