ni battery

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
djfm

ni battery

Post by djfm » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:09 pm

is it me or is battery really fiddily ? with all the routing .Is there any alternative to battery or would they all be the same?
hope i make sence
fred.
http://www.myspace.com/projectf - Progressive
http://soundcloud.com/fproject
http://twitter.com/fproject1

Macbook 2.4 4GB/Live 7.15/massive/Absynth 4

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:13 pm

There's this cool and simple drum sampler called Impulse. I think the developer's called Ableton or something...

You should check that out... :wink:

/Mikael

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:40 pm

i just got a fxpansion dr008 ,i am very pleased with it ,for £50 i don't complain .

lo-fi ,impulse is a bit limited if you need to have more than 8 samples availlable with velocity control .

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:46 pm

spiderprod wrote:i just got a fxpansion dr008 ,i am very pleased with it ,for £50 i don't complain .

lo-fi ,impulse is a bit limited if you need to have more than 8 samples availlable with velocity control .
Sorry... that was my attempt at a joke (kind of). But then again - without giving any clues to what he actually needs - Impulse can come in quite handy. But, yes I know, it does not allow for velocity layers; there are a limited number of cells; bla, bla... But it's not very "fiddily"...

Cheers,
Mikael

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:55 pm

Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:
spiderprod wrote:i just got a fxpansion dr008 ,i am very pleased with it ,for £50 i don't complain .

Sorry... that was my attempt at a joke (kind of). But then again - without giving any clues to what he actually needs - Impulse can come in quite handy. But, yes I know, it does not allow for velocity layers; there are a limited number of cells; bla, bla... But it's not very "fiddily"...

Cheers,
Mikael
if they make the velocity option & a bit more samples handy , they will probably make most of the other drum samplers i have completely useless to me .i guess it will come one day , their updates come usualy with tons of surprises ,hopefullyit's for the next one .

jbible

Post by jbible » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:25 pm

Would love to see a 16 cell impulse.
experimedia.net - label and mailorder - 15% OFF THROUGH FEB 14TH
jeremybible.com | jeremy bible & jason henry

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:46 pm

Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:

Cheers,
Mikael
Sure it can do velocity layers, man!
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27666
.als file HERE!
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:49 pm

just started using ShortCircuit, not specifically designed for drums, but is a bad-ass sampler, kicks Kontakt and Battery for sound quality, simplicity and mangling possibilities. Plus u can email the developer and he will reply and listen to suggestions!!

www.vemberaudio.com

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:54 pm

Yeah! Shorcircuit is cool!

Machinate, I should have known you have a way of fixing even velocity layers!

/Mikael

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:30 pm

machinate , thanks for the tip ,i guess i need to stop using live 5 the same way i was using live 4 ...

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:08 pm

Well this technically still is a workaround... but if live ever gets track grouping / hiding I'll be ditching a lot of software, that's for sure...

ben_blue

Post by ben_blue » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:14 pm

doesnt seem fiddly to me...hopefully you mean Battery 2, not 1.
if 1, then u should update! more than worth it!
yea impulse IS great.
but Battery 2:
128 vel layers
every cell has own: filter/eq, compression, lofi, saturattion, seperate output option.
loads all kinds of kits.
midi learn for cells
8 mod source/ destinations PER cell.
custimizable matrix size.

blah blah blah...
my favorites at the moment: MASSIVE. FM8. LIVE 6. Bome's Pro. KORE.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:21 pm

elemental wrote:just started using ShortCircuit, not specifically designed for drums, but is a bad-ass sampler, kicks Kontakt and Battery for sound quality, simplicity and mangling possibilities. Plus u can email the developer and he will reply and listen to suggestions!!

www.vemberaudio.com
Elemental, I'm looking into getting ShortCircuit to use as an all-round drum sampler. Will it make PhatMatik Pro redundant? I'll be trying out the demo later on.

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:49 pm

Machinate wrote:
elemental wrote:just started using ShortCircuit, not specifically designed for drums, but is a bad-ass sampler, kicks Kontakt and Battery for sound quality, simplicity and mangling possibilities. Plus u can email the developer and he will reply and listen to suggestions!!

www.vemberaudio.com
Elemental, I'm looking into getting ShortCircuit to use as an all-round drum sampler. Will it make PhatMatik Pro redundant? I'll be trying out the demo later on.
Never used phatmatik much, but I guess it would ... it imports REX's nicely, and automatically gives each slice/keygroup its own filer/env/lfo/output settings. Reminds me more of old hardware samplers than any other s/w sampler i've tried.I only just started trying it out, looking to buy soon...

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:02 pm

Those short circuit screenshots remind me of a microsoft excel spreadsheet though, like you're getting ready to prep your taxes or make up a sales price quote or something. I see that enough throughout the day on the computer at work. Call me vain, but I don't think I wanna stare at it all night and weekend doing my music too. :lol: