ni battery

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:12 pm

at least the guy spends more time on functionality, stability, and sound quality than looks.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:43 pm

I'm just playing around with this right now, and it is *blindingly* fast to program. And you really don't wanna spend your programming time looking at the sampler interface do ya?

I'm so getting this...
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:27 pm

About Shortcircuit:

I think that it's nice with an interface that is not at all about replicating knobs and sliders in glorious 3d. But rather using the computer for what it's good at. It is a good interface - and the functionality effects and sound quality is great! ...and it's developed by a Swede! Hmmm... G2, Machinedrum, Shortcircuit... What does that tell us? :wink:

About Battery:

From what I've experienced with the demo. It's not at all fiddly (agree with ben_blue) - that's why I suggested Impulse if the guy wanted something simpler!

Cheers,
Mikael

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:28 pm

Short Circuit is indeed an incredibly cool sampler, wish it was out for Mac. I urge you all to buy it as Claes still lives with his parents and needs the money :) You can really tell that he's coming from a Yamaha more so than an Akai background, it's just so immediate and great... I'd actually say it's a Good Thing that it doesn't use extra memory to look like it's not Excel. I mean, we're using computers, we're spreadsheet monkeys no matter how you look at it!

He's made a synth now which is fucking wicked as well.

louZ

Post by louZ » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:26 pm

try fxpansion GURU.

rolfski

Post by rolfski » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:22 am

Yeah, Guru beats Impuls and Battery easily. Great sound quality and very fun and creative to use!

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:06 pm

That's my point. Although to be fair, I haven't tried Shortcircuit though.

I still think it would go well with the chessboard keyboard.

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

You could could study your accountant spreadsheet and concentrate on your chess game too on stage. Exciting Visuals!

Maybe noone likes my dumb jokes...

Anyway, Live doesn't use loads of extra memory for the visuals and it still avoids looking like excel. I don't know about you, but the GUI on my version of excel at work is much slower than an instance of Guru! :lol: