done me xmas mix - but want need CD tips!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
martian

done me xmas mix - but want need CD tips!

Post by martian » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:55 pm

gonna send the relatives a nice surprise this year.. me own custom xmas compilation

I already done it and obviously it's brilliant! it was so much fun I have done a few!

but how do I easily get the times out where the tracks change to seperate the 74 min long mix back into tracks for the cd.. ( be nice if you can skip the slade number if u don't like it ;-P)

I was doing this with protools before and finding the points ( exactly to the millisec- and going via peak where I'd seperate the mix into regions using the timecodes from protools and then exporting all that as jam image.... gives u the smooth across track transition but with the option of skipping..

thanks and please help me spread some festive fun!!

martian

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:43 am

here's the reply I got to the same question.

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=gapless

if the link doesn't work, just search "gapless AND mix"

markthedoc

Post by markthedoc » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:01 pm

Try CD Architect my friend.

martian

Post by martian » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:31 pm

thanks for the links.....

the thing about doing it in live sounds interesting- ie rendering each track out seperately - but I tried this b4 and it didn't quite work- sometimes it would click as it played across tracks ( sorry me perfectionist) this is because CD's have frames ( 74 per second) and it u don't finish on a frame edge then u mite click. ( i burned with Itunes as it happened maybe toast would be better?)

I've had peak awhile and it turns out it is easy once u figure it out which I finally did today!

put a mark in at 00:00:00 then every track break- and the end - select all and then convert markers to regions!!!! u can then save as jam image which burns better than my turkey will.....

extra helpings of cranberyy sauce to all that helped!

cheers mart