2BarBassline Clip Drifting Out Of Sync With 8 Bar Drum Clip

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Need Help

2BarBassline Clip Drifting Out Of Sync With 8 Bar Drum Clip

Post by Need Help » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:40 am

Hello my friends, I'm having a problem with a clip that keeps drifting out of time and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
I have a beat that is bars long, my problem clip is a bassline that is 2bars long, when I first trigger the scene everything is in sync but after the bassline clip plays twice it drifts rapidly out of sync. I was under the impression that if the clip is in sync it would stay in sync. also the bassline is a perfect loop that I made in wave lab.

chad

Post by chad » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:43 am

bump

chad needs help

Post by chad needs help » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:18 pm

bump

pretty please...

Chad Still Needs Help

Post by Chad Still Needs Help » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:06 pm

bump

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:30 pm

Hi chad,

which version of Live and which operating system you're using?

regards,
Alex

Chad Still needs Help

Post by Chad Still needs Help » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:00 am

hello Alex, I'm using windows version 2000

Credo

Post by Credo » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:39 am

Check the loop settings: Start, End, length of the clips etc.
This might seem obvious, but it can 'jump around' a bit while setting warp markers and stuff.

Credo

Chad Is Getting Some Help

Post by Chad Is Getting Some Help » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:32 am

thank you Credo for your reply, I have a question, lets say the bass loop is 2 or 4 bars long, am I to understand that I should put a marker at every 16th note with in the loop?, right now I only have the 1st marker, and the last marker, with no markers inbetween.

once again, thank you for your help

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:26 am

Hi Chad,

the only reason I can imagine for the loop drifiting is an odd clip loop, ie. a loop length not quantized to sixteenth notes. To make sure the loop length is quantized, move the loop start and end marker to make them snap to the sixteenth grid. As for your general question regarding warp markers, may I refer you to the manual section "Setting Clip Properties", which is part of the "Topics" chapter.

Best,

Gerhard / ableton