All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:29 pm 
hey,

thanks for the overview. It's nice to see that you're having all the loops in one livefile. Can ask some more things ?

- do you plan your liveset in upfront, and add the files accordingly to your playlist, or do you create several livefiles and import them before you go on stage [if that's even possible]. What if you created several scenes and suddenly you say: "dammit, this song should be at the end of my set" ... what do you do then ?

- do you create different scenes for different parts of the songs ? And do you trigger them by mouse or by midikeyboard ? If midi, how do you keep track of things ? :)

- Tempochanges: is there a special way you do this, or do you keep playing at the same tempo ?

I hope I'm not too nosey, but it's these things I will need to learn since they have asked me for some concerts this summer :/ Thanks for any more information.

-- LB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:41 am 

LB wrote:

- do you plan your liveset in upfront, and add the files accordingly to your playlist, or do you create several livefiles and import them before you go on stage [if that's even possible]. What if you created several scenes and suddenly you say: "dammit, this song should be at the end of my set" ... what do you do then ?

i did it all at once. i knew what loops i needed for each song and then i just arranged them in sections and in the order i wanted them. if i need to change the order of the songs i can just bypass one and start another and then come back to the original one later.

- do you create different scenes for different parts of the songs ? And do you trigger them by mouse or by midikeyboard ? If midi, how do you keep track of things ? :)

yes i have 5 or 6 scenes for each song and i trigger them with the mouse.

- Tempochanges: is there a special way you do this, or do you keep playing at the same tempo ?

i've just been using the same tempo throughout but i think you can slow down and speed up the tempo while you're playing as long as it isn't too drastic and you're samples start sounding funnny.

I hope I'm not too nosey, but it's these things I will need to learn since they have asked me for some concerts this summer :/ Thanks for any more information.

no probs! hope i've been of help to you.

-dick

-- LB