definitive answer: reaktor vst in live? yes?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rpsx

definitive answer: reaktor vst in live? yes?

Post by rpsx » Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:16 am

there was a previous post about reaktor vsti in live 2.02 working fine, then a couter follow up that said no vsti in live.

so, here's my question:

can i create a self contained vst _effect_ from reaktor that has a step sequencer that plays chopped up loop bits on it's own auto-synced to clock?

then can i record this in live?

that would take care of all my needs. reaktor 4 would then be my next toy (for use in live of course!)

thank yous!

iavine

Post by iavine » Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:15 pm

I've been using reaktor with cubase for a number of years now.

Reaktor can be used as a vsti or a straight forward vst2 effect, so I guess the person that got it working was using the vst2 effect. vst2 effects can receive midi in, including clock so you should be able to have a sequencer sync'd to the midi clock.

Not yet tried it so I don't know how well it would work. I'm still sorting ou which vst2 effects work with live. Most of the cubase sx ones don't, which is due to the plugin only running within cubase

IanV

The Hulk

Mobile-Pre USB

Post by The Hulk » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:30 pm

I spoke to some folks over at M-audio, and they don't see any reason why you couldn't get a Quattro or external usb audio device, and reroute your sound from a program like Reaktor from one analog out and back into Live from another Analog in. It's kind of lame that there the only Rewire option exists in Reason, but for around $150 you can solve the problem with an external usb audio device. This is all theoretical, and the M-Audio guys didn't know for sure if it would work, but couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't. If anyone has tried this PLEASE SHARE. I'm about to get myself an external audio device so I can reroute Cubases SX VSTi's directly into Live. I'll be really sad if it doesn't work!

twelve

Post by twelve » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:43 am

or you can have the program run in the background and have a mic setup which will then record it.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:05 am

definitive answer : yes - it works!