waves plugins

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
mike

waves plugins

Post by mike » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:26 am

hello,

im using waves gold native with winXP and 2000, cant get them to work in Live, the waveshell.dll appears in the live plugins folder but none of the actual plugin dlls are appear, ive even tried moving the dlls to the shared plugins folder but still dont appear. ive read past threads on this forum telling to use VST-DX wrappers and stuff, tried this but no works. is there anyone running winxp or 2000 that has gotten these plugs to work in LIVE? if so please enlighten me on how to get them to work

thanks
mike

quandry

Post by quandry » Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:22 pm

i've tried the same with no luck yet, and it really is a bummer. What dx to vst wrapper thing did you try?

tolger

Post by tolger » Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:14 pm

Hi folks ... with Win ME and the DX-to-VST-Wrapper from
www.vb-audio.com -- DX Rack series -- it works great ! Tha small one (Demo) is for free .
Give a feedback when tried !!

tolger
Loose yourself .....

quandry

Post by quandry » Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:13 pm

Tolger you are the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!1 All of my direct X plugins appear now in live via the FREE! VB audio FFX-4 DX manager!!!!! Thank you ever so much, now I've got some real deal waves effects right there in live, now if we could just get the vst synths happening right in live.............

XP PRo P4 2.4, 1 gig RAM, TOshiba Satellite

tolger

Post by tolger » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:35 pm

Great that it works !!
For the VSTi question :

We just need an application like steinbergs v-stack but with rewire, and for PC ! Just a Host for the VSTis.
Thats all. It has nothing to do with LIVE ! in my oppinion.
This could not take long time to come up ..... i hope !!
Loose yourself .....