REASON FCKN SUCKS theres a better prog

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

Post by forge » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:33 pm

FaX-01 wrote:Can we kill this thread please :? .
just face it fax, that time you put it up for sale and we all talked you out of it you shouldn't have listened! WE WERE ALL WRONG, IT REALLY DOES SUCK! :lol: :wink: :P

stiwi

Post by stiwi » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:50 am

nosuch wrote:...but things like automat buzzer (freeware by my friend stiwi) or chrystal really help me getting over it...
Buzzer | Buzzer2 | Automat

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:44 pm

forge wrote:
just face it fax, that time you put it up for sale and we all talked you out of it you shouldn't have listened! WE WERE ALL WRONG, IT REALLY DOES SUCK! :lol: :wink: :P
yeah m8, face da fax. :wink:
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Machinate wrote:
forge wrote:
yeah m8, face da fax. :wink:
:lol: :lol:

:roll:

groan

brightonalex

Reason users

Post by brightonalex » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:42 pm

Mylo and the Prodigy used mainly reason for their albums. But for me, who has never been technically minded, it was a way of learning how to make electronic music without having to understand MIDI, and routing and all the rest of it. It was an educational tool as well as a fun one.
And by Rewiring Reason into Ableton you can still use all of th VST affects and stuff, and redrum is great.

bangaio

Post by bangaio » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:18 pm

This thread seem to have done its day however a couple of things:

For all the "this is better than that" argument, bare in mind that we have never had it this good.

Reason which I have used for a long time has come along leaps and bounds, I always find myself using it, it's simple but powerful and it's simplicity is great. Live rocks too but for different reasons and I use it mainly for pure audio but heh everyone is different!

For the prodigy bit, i'd like to point out that for their first two albums Liam used such powrrhouses as Roland U220, W30 samplers, Akai S1000s, Sequential Pro Ones and a Juno later using such rocket ships as a Korg Prophecy. Nothing there is better than reason bar the pro one in my book sound wise even the Juno. If you can make it and have the musical ablity then someone will engineer and produce if it's that good or failing that we all can.

i think as an instant music creator, Reason is great and sounds great! Th eold adage of garbage in garbage out still stands though!

i think we can all focus on a VSTi and say wow! That sounds awesome but ti's all about the music, how things sit and gel. I only upgraded to Reason 3 a month ago as I had been experimenting with Audio for the last few years since Live 2ish. It was a breath of fresh air.

Things I like about Reason:
The subtractor is dead easy to program, I know my way around it so easily.
The reverb
The Mastering suite
The samplers
The drum machine
The sequencer is exactly what I need, it has grooves, easy drawing of controllers, great automation.
Combinator.

I dunno, it's all down to what you use. Wnat to use an atari with Cubase and a ROland JV1080, go for it. 10 years ago that would have been a dream for many people and now it could be considered to be tragic to use something like that! Just make music!