Cue output problems

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
register

Cue output problems

Post by register » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:57 pm

Hey, I was wondering if anyone out there can please help me? I've just got a new sound card, an edirol fa-66. It has more outputs than my previous sound card, and I am told that I can assign an output for pricate channeling. Following the manual's instructions only gets me so far. I want to be able to listen in on one thing, through headphones, without it going out the main output speakers. Does anyone have any idea how this can be acheived?
I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks

divonic

Re: Cue output problems

Post by divonic » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:14 pm

register wrote:Hey, I was wondering if anyone out there can please help me? I've just got a new sound card, an edirol fa-66. It has more outputs than my previous sound card, and I am told that I can assign an output for pricate channeling. Following the manual's instructions only gets me so far. I want to be able to listen in on one thing, through headphones, without it going out the main output speakers. Does anyone have any idea how this can be acheived?
I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks
is live in ASIO mode?

goto the live 5 tour and on the produce page check the last pic. see where it says audio out -> master (i forget what that section is called but you need it)

you can change the master to ext out and then the pull down menu below will show all your outs and a configure. click the config and you will get a list where you can choose which ones you want. you'll probabbly have to play with the FA-66 especialy if it has a mixer software with it. you can do the same with the cue out.

play around with it.

register

Post by register » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:45 pm

Thanks very much,
think I got it sorted now. Turns out that I have to lower the actual channel volume, and it still comes outta the phones. I kinda asumed that it would automatically switch straight to phones only.
Cheers!
Tom