What's the best software/hardware for Trance/House Beats?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lapax

What's the best software/hardware for Trance/House Beats?

Post by lapax » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:26 pm

I am thinking of getting Akai MPC 2500 but I'm not sure if I should spend so much money and instead get a tigger finger & bunch of drum VSTs and start rollin' trance & house beats. Anyways Live users what is your favourite software or hardware to produce Trance & House sounds?
Thanks.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:48 pm

jomox xbase
microtonic

cosmosuave

Re: What's the best software/hardware for Trance/House Beats?

Post by cosmosuave » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:55 pm

lapax wrote:I am thinking of getting Akai MPC 2500 but I'm not sure if I should spend so much money and instead get a tigger finger & bunch of drum VSTs and start rollin' trance & house beats. Anyways Live users what is your favourite software or hardware to produce Trance & House sounds?
Thanks.
Don' waste your money on hardware like that... Rent a trigger finger or an Akai MPC 2500 to see if they are for you... Definitly purchase yourself microTonic you won't be disappointed...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:04 am

I'd say a Yamaha RS7000 or an Electribe with sampling.

The RS7000 is definately becoming a trance staple over time. It's builtin kicks with a Universal Audio (Teletronix) LA-2A make your balls drop an inch or two.

I also have a nice bunch of kick samples which I'm happy to pass on .. you can use these in your computer, or your RS7000 ;-)

The sequencer on the RS7000 or its smaller bretheren ... the RM1X is the most intuitive in the hardware world when it comes to beats. Sucks for tonal stuff.

In addition, the Sequencer in those units is the extremely tight and keeps timing accurately. Add that to the groove shuffle features that they have and you will find that it's hard to beat for dance music percussion.

Also I have used a RM1X one with an Alesis Nano Compressor, and even though the Nano is a shitty little unit, it actually complements the RM1X in a way that no other compressor in its class does.

lapax

Post by lapax » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:23 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. U all rock...:)