I can't get looping to do what I want...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Agnishvatta

I can't get looping to do what I want...

Post by Agnishvatta » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:53 pm

This is pretty simple so I think I'm missing something. This is the problem:
  • I want to start clip playback from the beginning and then have it loop from a point within the clip.
This is how I would do it using a sampler. It was just an assumption of mine that Live was capable of looping in a similar manner. Am I missing something or should I be able to use the loop offset marker to do what I'm trying?

Thanks
Last edited by Agnishvatta on Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:55 pm

at this point you can offset loop start points, but you are unable to have loops play back from an offset loop after they've played back. i worded this really bad 'cause i just woke up, but basically the answer to your question is no, live can't do that yet.

k

Agnishvatta

Post by Agnishvatta » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:50 pm

It seems like there may be a bug. The loop offset marker won't come outside of the loop brackets. I think I've actually just misunderstood the offset marker's use though.

It would really be too bad if this is not possible. There are certain loops that just need this functionality to loop right. I just created a four bar loop in Sonar with VSampler3 and while looping playback in Sonar it sounds fine, but once exported to a wav it doesn't sound right when looped. This is because the end of the loop is bleading into the start of the loop when listening 'before' exporting the audio to a wav. So I created an eight bar version of the same loop and then set the loop points to the last four bars. This results in perfection when used in any sampler.

Has there been official word from Ableton about this?

Thanks