Bug fix update Live 5.0.3 is available!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
myztmuzic

Post by myztmuzic » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:08 am

Great! Then i can use Live again, i suppose.. Let us all pray to the mighty UFO-lords that it works as well :wink:
be-be - an eL, an eS and be a Dee
- the orb -

murphf

Post by murphf » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:17 am

I have a question about this fix:

[02] Bug: Sending MIDI Out (Win)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Platform: Win only

Because of bug fix [05] of Live 5.0.3b1 the MIDI out timing via a MIDI interface would be negative influenced on single processor machines.
Meanwhile there is a hotfix for Multi-Processor system available from Microsoft.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have a hyperthreading CPU wil hyperthreading enabled. Does this mean that I have to have the hotfix installed in order to have good midi out timing? If so, could you give a link to the fix? My music PC is not connected to the net, so it does not update automatically.

BTW, if the hotfix is needed, is this also the case under Windows XP service pack 2?

Thanks

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:59 pm

Hi murphf,

as far as I know this is not relevant for hyper-threading processors but only for multi-core or multi-processor systems.
The hotfix itself is only available directly from Microsoft but I think you do not need it.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;896256

regards,
/Alex

myztmuzic

Post by myztmuzic » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:38 am

Alex wrote:Hi murphf,

as far as I know this is not relevant for hyper-threading processors but only for multi-core or multi-processor systems.
The hotfix itself is only available directly from Microsoft but I think you do not need it.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;896256

regards,
/Alex
What about this, Alex:

Windows XP SP2 is required on computers that have multiple CPUs that support ACPI processor performance states. This requirement includes computers that support the following items:

• Multiple physical sockets
• Multiple-core designs
• Multiple logical threads, such as Intel hyper-threading technology

Am i a complete moron, or does this hotfix affect HT-processors from Intel as well? Just read the hotfix-notes, and i wonder why it says so in the hotfix-article..? I may get this totally wrong, but i was sure Intels hyper-threading technology was for HT-processors, and Intels multi-threading technology was for MT-processors..? Or can (well, i know i should know that, but this is a non-coffe morning, and it's getting to my almost totally drained brain by now :| ) -HT-processors run multi-tasks? -If so, i didn't knew this at all :oops: -Am i dead wrong here? If not, the hotfix DOES affect HT-processors as well.

Since i run a HT-computer myself (3.2Gz Intel Prescott), i'm very interested in this hotfix, but i find the hotfix-notes from Microsoft a bit confusing. It may be vice to wait for the SP3-upgrade, after all..

Well, hope i'm not too tired to get this right (bloody coffee :? ), so i hope somebody correct me if i'm wrong..

After all, SP3 is out "pretty soon" (Microsoft-term (..)), since they made a point about not running the hotfix unless it's totally needed to get the system right. The hotfix is included in SP3, btw.

Regards
Mzt
be-be - an eL, an eS and be a Dee
- the orb -

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:21 pm

Hi myztmuzic,

I cannot say more as I did in my previous post. I also find this paper more confusing as helpful. Concerning Hyper Threading, Live does not use the hyper threading capabilities of a CPU so for a single hyper threading CPU this should be no problem.
We experienced and heard about these problems only for machines with multi-core or multi-processor systems. But this is not a guarantee.

So if you currently have no problems with your system you should better wait for a more official fix from Microsoft.

regards,
/Alex

andrewj

Post by andrewj » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:27 pm

serotoninsteve wrote:Yeah, the good old stable as a rock Live is back! :D
Happy Christmas and Greetings.
Stable as a rock!?

Since I have updated it on OSX and tried to exchange minimonsta with sonicsynth, sonicsynth and sampletank free can not be used anymore. live quits/crashes each time i have tried to open these pluggies!

This is very far away from stable as a rock! sorry but this is the worst time to me for making sonic synth unavailable!

:evil:

There were days when I loved Live. WERE!!! Hopefully they will come back very soon!

andrewj

Post by andrewj » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:47 pm

and now it works again! ten crashes, then i started 5.0.1 and tried the vst versions and then quit and then 5.0.3 again and the au version from sonic synth and now it works!

what is going on here!? Can't understand that?

BSE in my mac I think

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:16 pm

Hi andrewj,
Since I have updated it on OSX and tried to exchange minimonsta with sonicsynth, sonicsynth and sampletank free can not be used anymore. live quits/crashes each time i have tried to open these pluggies!
Please send me the system crash log file together with your forum name and the name or link of this thread.

System crash log is:
"~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Live.crash.log

regards,
/Alex

robinschroder

Post by robinschroder » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:26 pm

Hi,

I have just e-mailed support, but was curious to know if anyone else is unable to record MIDI notes from an external keyboard into Live 5.0.3.

I use a Roland XP60 whose MIDI out is connected to an M-Audio Firewire 410 which, in turn, goes into my iMac G5. (I'm on OS X 10.4.3 and have the latest FW410 drivers etc.)

When recording notes into clips in Live 5.0.3 from the Firewire 410, the notes all stack up on top of each other around -800 (i.e. way before the start of the clip itself) with virtually no duration - instead of appearing neatly in sequence as I played them! However, if I try to input notes via the Computer Keyboard option, there are no problems. :(

This never happened in Live 5.0.2, so I guess I'll have to stick with that for the time being. I haven't read any other reports of this happening to anyone else so far!

Robin

Zerobae

5.0.1 -> 5.0.3?

Post by Zerobae » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:26 am

Alex, can I update from 5.0.1 to 5.0.3 directly? I would have thought so, but your original post in this thread reads: "the final Live 5.0.3
version copies the preferences from the last final Live version (Live 5.0.2)
but not from any Live 5.0.3 beta version" - so I'm wondering if I'd have to update to 5.0.2 before going 5.0.3 to keep my preferences?

Thanks for your reply,
Zerobae

amo

Re: 5.0.1 -> 5.0.3?

Post by amo » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:37 am

Zerobae wrote:Alex, can I update from 5.0.1 to 5.0.3 directly? I would have thought so, but your original post in this thread reads: "the final Live 5.0.3
version copies the preferences from the last final Live version (Live 5.0.2)
but not from any Live 5.0.3 beta version" - so I'm wondering if I'd have to update to 5.0.2 before going 5.0.3 to keep my preferences?

Thanks for your reply,
Zerobae
I'm quite sure you can. Each update is a full install by itself.
Best,

amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

shurik

Post by shurik » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:19 pm

No more dropouts with 5.03!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thanks

Zerobae

Post by Zerobae » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:40 pm

Thanks amo for your reply. I'll try the main forum anyway to find out if someone's there who actually updated from 5.0.1 to 5.0.3.

Cheers,
Zerobae

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:40 pm

A shame I have to stick with 5.02 due to the bizarre change to clip sync in 5.02 which means we cant 'restart' all clips from their beginning anymore!

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31545

I hope a future version fixes this, or I will be stuck with 5.02 forever :cry:

RobStrobe

Post by RobStrobe » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:46 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!no more stress!!!!!!

=)

again lucky with my favourite sequencer,no crashesno smashes.....

I JUST DOWNGRADED TO 404 AND EVERYTHING IS FINE AGAIN....

=)
* LIVE * 1031 + 1092 * LOGIC PRO 7
* ACCES VIRUS * MOTU 828
* TASCAM M-2600 * Sennheiser,AKG,Sure
http://www.myspace.com/robstrobetracks