anyone using V-drums and live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
grainshifter

anyone using V-drums and live?

Post by grainshifter » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:21 pm

i have the roland v-club,

am i able to assign midi from the drums/ individual pads to live?
inspiration. fingers. LIVE 7

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:11 pm

Hi,

yeah i use the v-drums td8 kit with live and any other program that has midi on it.

make sure yove got the midi leads connected. set local control to off on your drum brain and record enable the midi track on live.

Just set the corresponiding midi note on lives drum machine with the notes on your drum brain, the notes maybe one octave ahead (for some reason which i dont know why) on lives drum machine. so if its C3 on your drum brain it will be C4 on the drum machine or it maybe the other way round cant remeber.

vdrum

Post by vdrum » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:18 am

Yes...you sure can...

Ive been using Live s Impulse kits and a Roland brain for almost 2 years now...its a blast. I use an SPD-S as a trigger pad to start recording and playback, so I can actually do Live, on the fly looping absolute blast...

You need to program each trigger so it sends the proper midi note # that corresponds to Lives Impulse midi notes. I dont have the manual in front of me...but its in there..Also, Trackteams BeatBox software has FANTASTIC kits for Impulse.

Pls. send me a PM with any detailed questions...glad to help
eDrummer: Roland Vdrum kit Live 8/ MacBookPro 2.5 mhz & 2gb. Motu Ultralite.. Homemade midi-triggering pad for LIVE's filters , clips , & record buttons. Hopelessly hooked on live looping.

Flowbee

Post by Flowbee » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:04 am

Just thought I'd chime in and confirm what everyone els is saying. Creating drum tracks in Live using a v-drum kit is a blast... and pretty simple after you get the hang of assigning pads to the Impulse. It's also simple to use the pads to trigger clips, loops, and samples.
Mac Mini 1.42Ghz, 1gb RAM; OS X 10.4.5
M-Audio Firewire Audiophile - X-Session - M-Audio Keystation 49e - Roland V-Drums (TD-6)
Numark CDX (x2) - Allen & Heath Xone:02

grainshifter

Post by grainshifter » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:31 am

thanks everyone for the responses...

:P :P :P

and for the info. with guilt i'll admit that i haven't even really touched impulse yet, but now i feel the doorways gushing open...now i'll be able to create a hybrid kit and sync to live...and if what you're saying is true,,,
be able to assign the drum pads to my td6 and trigger sounds from my powerbook....

i will probably have questions as i start to hook everything up, but many thanks to all who have posted thus far.

i will keep you updatesD!!!!

:) :D :lol:
inspiration. fingers. LIVE 7

jerry123

Post by jerry123 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:07 am

Yep. I use the rim trigger of my Ride for a Start/Stop on channel 1 in Live.
Lay a beat, slide the clip to channel 2 and lay a beat again.
I'm running stereo audio from the TD10 to Live and just taking live audio loops.
I like using Waldorf Attack and auto-quantizing as well but don't like the hi-hat action when triggering other sound modules. I've heard of others using CC messages to get the full range between closed and open, but haven't played with that myself yet.

Delongpredannon

Re: anyone using V-drums and live?

Post by Delongpredannon » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:58 am

I can't believe this guy didn't keep everyone posted.