where are the samples from my personal simpler presets?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nosuch

where are the samples from my personal simpler presets?

Post by nosuch » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:15 am

this may be a stupid question, but I can't find it in the manual.

If I create a sound in simpler or an impulse set using samples from my library, where are this sounds stored?
If I store the song "self contained" they are in the songs sound folder I know, but I may want to use the independently - or port them to my laptop.

I'd like to store them in my live library (on the mac user/library/application support etc.) so I can use them independent of the songs (just like the sounds that came with a "live-pack".

But maybe this already happens?
or do I have to put them in there manually?
...just trying to figure out how to make my computer sing....

stinky

Post by stinky » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:59 pm

why not just record them out through another audio channel? Or, record to the arrange window, and render the clip?

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:32 pm

You have to put them in there. Which is recommended. Otherwise, Live uses a non-destructive audio manipulation which leaves the original file intact and in its original location.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

nosuch

Post by nosuch » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:47 am

thanks moody...

DJ VAKIS

Post by DJ VAKIS » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:12 am

Just hit save on the impulse or simpler,give a name and you are done.
http://www.myspace.com/djvakis
http://mix2r.fm/audio/user/221

----------------------------------------
MacBookPro 13" Core 2 Duo 2.26Ghz 2GB
Live 8 -Operator -Sampler
AKAI LPD8-GENELEC 1029A-iPhone runing TouchOSC.

nosuch

Post by nosuch » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:22 am

DJ VAKIS wrote:Just hit save on the impulse or simpler,give a name and you are done.
Yes, I did understand that. my post is about the logic of storing sounds used in the instrument settings (honestly I hoped, live would give me some assistance with it, like e a dialogue "copy audio file to your library?"). something for the wishlist.
I am thinking about reorganizing my whole library as live 5 recommends, but will have to save all older songs as self contained or go through the hassle to relocate everything (grrrr, my fault that I did not did it that way back in in the days of live 1.5). well folks - time to tidy up. will have to decide if I start with my desk or my library....
So the best procedure will be to moove the files in the library first and then create the instrument-settings...

supster

Post by supster » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:29 am

nosuch wrote:honestly I hoped, live would give me some assistance with it, like e a dialogue "copy audio file to your library?"). something for the wishlist.

yes, its a wishlist item. weve asked for it - it would make managing your samples - especially drum samples - really easy insofar as building kits etc

--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com