Does BCF2000 Mackie emulation start / stop scenes?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
enzymex

Does BCF2000 Mackie emulation start / stop scenes?

Post by enzymex » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:15 pm

I used to have a BCR and I recall that one sharp programmer on this forum created a sysex mackie emulation for it that controlled scene start / stop in addition to the global transport. I think zoom and arrows are used for this on native mackie control. However, the BCR would lock up on me after a while so I sold it.

Anyway, I am thinking about checking out the BCF2000 using the Mackie Emulation mode. However, looking through the Behringer PDF it does not appear that the right functions are supported for scene start/stop in Live.

Can someone who is using the BCF2000 Mackie Emulation with live comment on this? I hope I am missing something.

Thanks

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:00 am

i hit this thread searching for bcf2000 - i just got one today and am trying to figure out the best way to use it

i would say that the mackie emulation on the thing will not do anything beyond what the pdf says.

by manually programming it you can get way more usable features (mostly because of having 4 banks for the encoders instead of just having those four buttons used for the emulation) BUT not being able to move banks of faders could be a drag (limiting yourself to 8 tracks)

also i'm bummed because the mackie control will work with whatever old live sets you have, but if you make your own midi assignments, then you're fine for sets you start afterwards, but you'd have to manually set the assignments for any sets you had already made...

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:12 am

but check out this thread! it explains most stuff you can do in mackie emulation - quite a lot!

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=bcf2000