Anyone heard of BeatPick (new internet label)?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
krank

Anyone heard of BeatPick (new internet label)?

Post by krank » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:01 pm

Anyone else been contacted by these? I think they're harvesting broadly on the music-sharing sites. The idea is to offer non-exclusive, 50/50 split deals. Don't know what to think of it. Check out www.beatpick.com.

radeon

Post by radeon » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:34 pm

An Album costs a fair price of €6 or £4.
An EP costs a fair price of €3.50 or £2.50.
This is much to cheap for album or four track ep. Its no fair. I spend 40 hour on a song to write and mix on an ep I spend 160 hour maybe?. If i sell 50 (lucky) = 125 pound to bs split at 50/50 i get 62 pound. on an hour that mean I work for 38 uk cents or close evrey hour i work.
Internet label is good idea but bad thing there is no money for artist unless the artist is famous so it is worse than making and sell a cd of your self.
It is ok for the label so they have many artist to make money on. good for them not for artist. very bad for artist. Everyone think normal label are thief i dont so i see in future a much bad time for artist to get paid or make livings from internet sale than if they sign to a normal label. Imagine in five year how many internet label will be on market. TO MANY