somewhat off topic - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALBERT HOFFMAN! 100!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:55 am

err_fatale wrote:best shit ever ORANGE SUNSHINE November 93
OMG

BTW, I do not in any way endorse drug use. My children are either gonna be born with tattoos that read " I've got a hell of a lot more common sense than you dad," or they are gonna be home-schooled.

Oh, I guess my girlfriend does have a say in these choices.

I will agree though, that while I do not use drugs, I am embaressed that my country still uses marijuana as a means to manipulate the masses. Acid is dangerous. Walking on a tightrope is dangerous. Some of us, such as H2K are establlished mental acrobats. I am sure they can keep the balance. (I'm only kissing your ass because you and cohort Machinate are "off-the-chain" these days)

Drugs are scary. Reality is scarier. I always loved a good challenge.

GK

Post by GK » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:07 am

i thought this forum was just for the music....

nice experiences...but really risky for me to live
my head is tripping as-is
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

HH the Dalai Lama

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:34 pm

LOFA wrote:Acid is dangerous. Walking on a tightrope is dangerous. Some of us, such as H2K are establlished mental acrobats. I am sure they can keep the balance. (I'm only kissing your ass because you and cohort Machinate are "off-the-chain" these days)

Drugs are scary. Reality is scarier. I always loved a good challenge.
Hehe, word....

Keeping the mental balance is crucial. You don't have to do drugs to de-rail. I had a crappy childhood, which gave me allot of independence.
I went from thinking that i was a dumbass (because i was told so) to being the confident man i am today.

Somewhere in between i did some acid which speeded up this evolution for me. I unlocked the potential that i never dreamed of having...
But i'm well aware that this can be destroyed quicker then it was built.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:39 pm

hoffman2k wrote: I went from thinking that i was a dumbass (because i was told so) to being the confident man i am today.
but you ARE a dumbass. Dumbass!

:lol: :lol:

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:42 pm

forge wrote:
hoffman2k wrote: I went from thinking that i was a dumbass (because i was told so) to being the confident man i am today.
but you ARE a dumbass. Dumbass!

:lol: :lol:
:lol: Screw you, hippie :lol:

clipperer

Post by clipperer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:17 pm

err_fatale wrote:99% of my friends that did way too much acid got fukked in the head by it, one dude even went COMPLETELY schizophrenic after taking it TWICE...he was totally normal before.......night and day difference.....sad.....
shit man, didnt he recover ?
yea you can be fkd up after huge dozes of acid for 2 weeks... it depends on your organizm, but didnt he get better, no ? hell if so its serious...
but i quess most of us would agree that life is not about comfort and loyality, its about risk and exploration...
if ill ever get a chance to get old, if at that time ill loose hearing, ill go completely junk, ill sniff acid and eat shrooms etc, and than jump off a high cliff or something. atleast thats what im thinking now..

henry ford

Post by henry ford » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:34 pm

its beyond chemicals...
for example, if you have been brought up thinking material needs are what make you happy, or if your belief and value systems are based around some fallacy or another, lsd will smash those beliefs into dust (that is if you're the thinking type) this can be either a huge enlightenment to you, or absolutely disastrous. Some people dont want to or cant handle discovering what they thought was false. Some people will greatly benefit. and then the people who take it as a party drug,,,well they are rolling the dice even more so and probably have a higher chance of crashing.

Up From The Skies

Dr. Hofmann and Live?!?

Post by Up From The Skies » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:35 pm

I am just over here from NAMM poking around and wondering what this LIVE thing is all aboot when lo and behold I spy this thread! Now can someone please tell me what in this big ole world has Dr. Hofmann's birthday gotz to do wit Ableton Live?

Well... nevermind. Guess I shall endeavor to find out for myself. 8)

clipperer

Post by clipperer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:03 pm

hey up from the skies, this is open minded forum as far as i know. its for the whole atmosphere of this forum we talk about those things, just for contrast maybe. maybe not. anyway, all things are connected, arent they....

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:07 pm

ermmm... sorry!...:oops:
i just realize this Albert Hofmann thread existed way before mine!
Should have taken a closer look at the forum, all the more that it hijacked a big chunk of the debate! But anyway, this thread seems more fun anyway. Apologies, Henry! And thanks D Das for the link to this thread and the blotter designs.
Now ...
...i shall....
......shamefully ....
..........withdraw... ermmm... 8O <==== Abl"80" blotter, 1972, the real shit...

henry ford

Re: Dr. Hofmann and Live?!?

Post by henry ford » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:25 pm

Up From The Skies wrote:I am just over here from NAMM poking around and wondering what this LIVE thing is all aboot when lo and behold I spy this thread! Now can someone please tell me what in this big ole world has Dr. Hofmann's birthday gotz to do wit Ableton Live?

for me, sonic exploration and my experiences with lsd are inextricably linked. I have heard mechanical sounds, pitch shifting and sonic-time shifting whilst on lsd, that I try to recreate. Hence its relation to live =)

I suppose alot of lsd users have strong links with various artforms, its one of lsd's better qualities - to promote creativity.

have a look at this spiders web, made by a spider on lsd its more semitrical than usual

and heres a web made by a spider on caffene

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:54 pm

i had some of the best moments of my life on lsd ,
i also had some very bad moment .
i am gratefull to him cos i came back with something more from those experiences .

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:32 pm

henry ford wrote:
Up From The Skies wrote:I am just over here from NAMM poking around and wondering what this LIVE thing is all aboot when lo and behold I spy this thread! Now can someone please tell me what in this big ole world has Dr. Hofmann's birthday gotz to do wit Ableton Live?

for me, sonic exploration and my experiences with lsd are inextricably linked. I have heard mechanical sounds, pitch shifting and sonic-time shifting whilst on lsd, that I try to recreate. Hence its relation to live =)

I suppose alot of lsd users have strong links with various artforms, its one of lsd's better qualities - to promote creativity.

have a look at this spiders web, made by a spider on lsd its more semitrical than usual

how on earth do they give a spider lsd or caffeine?

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:10 pm

forge wrote:
henry ford wrote:

how on earth do they give a spider lsd or caffeine?
Tiny cups

I wonder what Charlotte was on?
ImageImage
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

D DAS

Post by D DAS » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:29 am

New painting by Alex Grey. A tribute to Alberts 100th B-Day

http://www.alexgrey.com