somewhat off topic - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALBERT HOFFMAN! 100!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
henry ford

Post by henry ford » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:31 pm

alex grey is phenominal, thanks for posting about the hoffman painting

err_fatale

Post by err_fatale » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:54 am

D DAS wrote:New painting by Alex Grey. A tribute to Alberts 100th B-Day

http://www.alexgrey.com
wow. I love Alex Grey. I met him a few times in NYC when i lived there. He actually has a temple w/ his works on display in Brooklyn, you can go and see it, can't remember the address......he's a real cool dude...

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:03 am

So f'd up. A bunch of us were watching some demented animation with Royskopp in the background, and the music started to really well with a human face loosing layer after layer of tissue. Needless to say, Alex Grey came up in the conversation.

I was going to check out his community in the catskills one summer, because a good firend of mine's family has a house up there, but it didn't happen. I would say I had better things to do, but then, who has better things than spinning around at incredible speeds in circles via cray meachines!

Mmm... cults...

dtm

Post by dtm » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:40 am

I love this site. Seeing posts like this make me feel like I'm definately using the right software :wink:
15 years, never had a bad one, wouldn't see the point of being here if I'd never tried it... And as Bill Hicks says, it should be MANDATORY to take it at least once in your life.
Happy Birthday Al, we will always be in debt to you
:)
Lenovo W510 (touch i7 920xm 16GB 1333MHz Ram,2xSSD),RME FF800,Edirol 8x8 midi,Doepfer MAQ16/3,TLA Fat1,Korg KP2,Pioneer FX1000,Allen&Heath 14:4:2,Manifold Labs Plugzilla,Poly Evolver,Machinedrum,TB303,TR909,MPC3000.. and no free TIME to USE IT >:(

minimal

Post by minimal » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:55 am

hoffman2k wrote: Somewhere in between i did some acid which speeded up this evolution for me. I unlocked the potential that i never dreamed of having...
But i'm well aware that this can be destroyed quicker then it was built.
good poin hoffmann2k, I feel the same, experience I did in my teenage with muschrooms/acid opend me thousand new doors over myself and my surrounding, the challenge for me was to realize quickly enough (before going fucked up) that I have to be able to keep those doors open without need of substances, if not as you say all this can be destoyed quicker that it was built.
I mean, dreaming is good and necessary to have a reason to live on, but I feel really important to keep my feet on earth.
We become adults in the meantime, don't we?

all the best and take care

rushofblood

Post by rushofblood » Mon May 08, 2006 7:26 pm

smutek wrote:They drove hm to the hospital and pumped him full of valume.
Probably did much more bad to him than the lsd.