Melbourne Live Users Group.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:00 pm

heya Melbournites....

so... let's get this happening.... i'm all up for a beer or coffee. I think it'd be worth getting a bit of a core Melbourne group together, so we can plan something on a bigger scale later.

so, anyone who wants to meet up, maybe this weekend in Fitzroy? My idea would be coffee somewhere near the Edinborough Gardens on the 5th... then we could go and have a squiz at the Jam in the park.

Also... if we could at the same time collect a bunch of live user's emails (not just us forum people!)... that would be good to. It would be sensible to get a sign--up list at some of the in-store dates that Forge posted above... i'm happy to go along with some kind of email signup thing on the Saturday instore, but can't go to the monday one, because of work.

So... maybe PM me if you want to be involved in whatever capacity... or if you want to catch up and have a chat about it on Sunday the 5th in Fitzroy.

:)M
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:12 pm

Hey guys, I might make it down, but as i was blabbing about in my first post, i have an afternoon live gig at the Retreat Hotel. There are 4 other live acts that day for 5 bucks in the big beer gardens outside... you all should come by for a drink before Roberts dealy!

-Tim

eddit

Post by eddit » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:55 pm

Hey all,

Up for meeting up some time.

I shouold be at the shindig on Sat 4th in richmond

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:14 am

i'm in for the sunday. what the deal with jam in the park. i cant find any details.

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:38 am

i'm sure it's just one of those Edinborough gardens, 'borrow-a-generator-set-up-and-play' type thing...

... anyone in the know got a starting time?
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

nuperspective

Post by nuperspective » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:34 pm

how about we just set a time and a place on sunday and take it from there. we can do the rest via pm's?

guess

Post by guess » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:36 pm

melbournites!

wish i could make it down for the gigs, saw monolake in tokyo last year, they were fantastic. so much more than the 'minimal' tag implies...

i'm thinking about moving down to melbourne later this year. hows the music scene? lots of variety? whats getting people moving? i play very eclectic, very funky music. can you aussies really get down?!

whats this edinburgh park thing? whats it like? set up and play? simple as that? hows the cops about outdoor parties down there? we had a thing in a park over here (they tried to shut it down but couldn't in the end) and i'd love to play outside again...

so many questions... you could pm me if you don't want to take this thread off on a tangent!
whatever happens, enjoy the gig
love
j x

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:29 pm

guess wrote:melbournites!

wish i could make it down for the gigs, saw monolake in tokyo last year, they were fantastic. so much more than the 'minimal' tag implies...

i'm thinking about moving down to melbourne later this year. hows the music scene? lots of variety? whats getting people moving? i play very eclectic, very funky music. can you aussies really get down?!

whats this edinburgh park thing? whats it like? set up and play? simple as that? hows the cops about outdoor parties down there? we had a thing in a park over here (they tried to shut it down but couldn't in the end) and i'd love to play outside again...

so many questions... you could pm me if you don't want to take this thread off on a tangent!
whatever happens, enjoy the gig
love
j x
where are you?

guess

Post by guess » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:30 pm

tokyo.
forge, can you answer any of the above questions?
i've heard so many great things about the place, i just want some second or third opinions...

j x

nuperspective

Post by nuperspective » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:52 pm

i've only been here since october last year. i love it. theres always something going on musically, same again if you love sports, etc. your never stuck for something to do. its spot on. no regrets from me.

musically everything seem pretty wide open, with most things having a niche. however, house does seem to be king as far as electronic music goes for the mainstream. im finding out more and more all the time and there seems to be quite a good mix of unusual underground nights.

forge

Post by forge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:12 am

guess wrote:tokyo.
forge, can you answer any of the above questions?
i've heard so many great things about the place, i just want some second or third opinions...

j x
I'm actually in Brisbane - but Melbourne does seem to hold a bit of a monopoly on electronic music in this country - certainly you'll notice the biggest presence on this forum is there!

And here I am sweating my bollocks of dodging ZZ Top gold prospector lookalikes and cowboys who like country music

just kidding Brisbane's not so bad..... 8O

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:00 pm

For those watching this thread ....

I've posted a complete run-down on Mr Henke's forthcoming gigs and clinics.

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33346

The clinics should be fun - he's tailoring to his presentations to suit what he perceives as the overall skill level of each audience. 45 minutes of presentation followed by 30 minutes of Q+A. Should definitely be interesting! I'm hoping he's bringing the mighty Monodeck *(customs permitting)*.

I'll be attending all the Melbourne events and hopefully a couple of the Sydney events. Come and say hello why don't you?
; )

The clinics could be a good way to kick off the Oz user groups.
Forge and SweetJesus should be there ... AM too most likely?

CHEERS !
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

guess

Post by guess » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:33 pm

cheers boys, sounds good, been talking to some other people too and i reckon i'll make it down there before the year is out.

forge, i was in brisbane for an hour last year, didnt see much but i'll take your word for it! maybe we'll bump into eachother somewhere in oz. second thoughts its a bloody big place... have a great time down in byron. wish i could join you!

watch out melbourne! good luck with the users group, sounds like a great idea, i've learnt so much from other people who use live, we all seem to come at it from slightly different angles... have fun!

love

j x

eddit

Post by eddit » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:38 am

I am in melbourne for another 2 months and I want to get some Ableton gigs before I head over to Deustchland, which was why I got the lappy in the first place! Don't see myself carting my record crates over there...

I love the idea of a weekly laptop DJ night, I will let you know if there is any progress. There are people here and there starting to play out with them around Melbourne, but its definitely growing slowly.

nuperspective

Post by nuperspective » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:15 am

i'm the same deck went about 18 months ago. vinyl is back-breaking. it would be good to get something going throughthe group if it gets going.

i think i'm going to go to the clinic at the dj store tomorrow regardless, it should be interesting.