Render To Disk Missing from Edit Menu

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Render To Disk Missing from Edit Menu

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:25 am

err, well it's there but it's all grayed out. no selecting that one. anyone know why my render to disk option woul dnot be working or allowed? I DO have a fully registered version of 2.01.

any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
- Vincent

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:06 am

the only reason i know of that would cause this is if your copy of live isn't unlocked yet. anything past that and i'm stumped.

k

machinelove

Post by machinelove » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:28 pm

thanks for the response....

the software is unlocked, that was the first thing i did after the install.

well, as it turns out, i got it working now. render to disk is appearing in the menu. apparently you need to setup the I/Os before the option is made availale. makes sense and i feel rather dumb at this point for not reading the manual more clearly.

though it seems a tad counter-intuitive to gray out the option when you have an arrangement or something that is renderable on the screen. perhaps make the option available for a user to select and provide a message telling you the I/O ports need to be set up?

Another guest

Post by Another guest » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:00 am

Actually, I had the same problem until I realized you need to select what ever you want to render, so for example, if you want to render the whole arrangment just choose "Select All" from the menu or click and drag over the arrangment tracks and the render to disk option becomes available.

:)