OT: Warning very f'd up.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:43 am

Nup, that's why they own cats.

-Ben

clipperer

Post by clipperer » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:50 am

FUCKING SHIT!!!!! people dont own life. everything is so fucking out of control. you cant take life .........shit man.. PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING STUPID. ALL THIS FUCKING WORLD IS SO FUCKD UP>
FUCKING NUMB SHIT HEADS . thinking about money. fucking egoism weeverywhere....... killing animals. taking life. killing eachother. smoking .drinking fucking.. killing . drugs. killing destroying. FUCK . AMn thisw world is crap......fucking shit. cant you see. !!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:12 am

It's like the matrix, we are not mammals.......we are a virus. We consume everything we can, then move on to the next.

Now, you look at nature, and without us they would be carnivors.......they'd kill to eat. Even if you kill a plant to eat..........it's still murder.

I don't know what the answer is.........I just know that I feel very sad.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:56 pm

LOFA wrote:
forge wrote:do you eat eggs?
:?:
merely pointing out that if you found that abhorrant, you should check out the plight of the battery hen, or cattle or sheep for that matter...you want to see really miserable animals look at battery hens and there are MILLIONS of them right in your own back yard - like machinesworking pointed out, it's much easier to feel outrage at another culture.

But seriously what that video showed would be on a much smaller scale than farmed animals for food and I assure you they're treated no better

so really, unless you're vegan or spend 2ce the price to eat totally free range organic meat you are part of that, like it ot not.

It's just chickens, cows and sheep are less desirable pets for humans so we dont seem to care as much.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:08 pm

edit

tokyojoe69

Post by tokyojoe69 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:22 pm

Its sad, Paul McCartney was making an outcry against this a while ago by not perfoming in China, and the governments response to his protest was that if the west didn't support the industry, then they wouldn't be doing it. I still think it's completely unethical on the part of the chinese, but then again, if they're still making money, who are the real unethical bastards?

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:29 pm

MrYellow wrote:Nup, that's why they own cats.

-Ben
Piss is YELLOW
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

fsk

Post by fsk » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:51 pm

yeah sorry j lo is still sexy :(
Sound Recordist & Designer
http://www.postboxaudio.com

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:52 pm

forge wrote:
LOFA wrote:
forge wrote:do you eat eggs?
:?:
merely pointing out that if you found that abhorrant, you should check out the plight of the battery hen, or cattle or sheep for that matter...you want to see really miserable animals look at battery hens and there are MILLIONS of them right in your own back yard - like machinesworking pointed out, it's much easier to feel outrage at another culture.

But seriously what that video showed would be on a much smaller scale than farmed animals for food and I assure you they're treated no better

so really, unless you're vegan or spend 2ce the price to eat totally free range organic meat you are part of that, like it ot not.

It's just chickens, cows and sheep are less desirable pets for humans so we dont seem to care as much.
I lack the money and strength to get get by without eating meat. I eat meat because I am weak and poorly disciplined. Also, because I am scared I will not get enough iron if I make the sudden change without paying careful attention first. I was a vegatarian when I was a child, and I lived with my mom. Once I moved in with my pops the taste of meat made me sick. We were poor though, and even now I am a struggling student. Once I get established though, I will quit eating meat, just like I quit smoking. etc.

As far as the comment about eggs, I was hoping that you would divulge on your own that killing out of necessity and killing for fur are different things (in this era.) Yes, I am aware of the whole problem with eating animals, especially the cruelty involved. Yes I read fastfood nation as well. Did you?

So yes, I am a pathetic example of man, when it comes to my ability to eat food that is was unjustly aquired. I try to only eat meat when I feel I have not had enough protein, and I will not turn it down if it is offered to me by a loved one. If I eat a steak, I try to acknowledge the life of the animal that died on my behalf. I guess you could say I say grace, though any religion I practice is my own, with traces of my mothers chosen eastern philosophies.

I will quit eating meat, with the exception of when it is offered to me by loved ones, or for celebration purposes once it is feasable. I already try to live by this.

Fur trade is horrible. And, while I am an intense admirerer of cats (the same reason I like ninjas), it was seeiing what they were doing to dogs in this movie that hurt even more. The loyalty that dogs offer men is something that most animals are incapable of. Even though I am a cat lover (yes Mr. Yellow, I think much less of you now- I don't see any cats driving around in SUV's, building urban sprawl, posting useless...) I know I was being objective once I reacted to this stance on canines.

Fur is offensive. I am uneasy around people in fur.

Oh yeah, in regards to preferences, I grew up in shady parts of brooklyn and the pregentrified Lower East SIde of manhattan. Dogs and cats do their job there. They eat mice, rats, cockaroaches, and they protect us. Now tell me why I would want a sheep? Well, I'm an artist, I could make my own clothes. Challenge myself a little more. There is no bias.

BTW, I tend to have a very short temper with vegens, but mostly because I am jealous of their self control and greater capacity toward emotion.

eisnein

Post by eisnein » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:53 pm

i was gonna respond with some criticism and praise for Peta and bring up the fact that humans still do this to humans on the regular but too early to write clearly.

doh
second class robot

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:57 pm

Forge: Oh yeah, I would still join you for a bear and a steak if you ever came to the states. That would fall under my categorie of reasons to celebrate. We each do our best by living to our own standards and trying to learn from the strengths and ideas of others. We disagree on this. Que cera cera. We can all discuss it in hell.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:59 pm

eisnein wrote:i was gonna respond with some criticism and praise for Peta and bring up the fact that humans still do this to humans on the regular but too early to write clearly.

doh
Yeah, I agree with you. That is a strong point, and it is waaaay too early to be posting! 8O

my alarm clock is going off in the distance as I type.

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:11 pm

(yes Mr. Yellow, I think much less of you now- I don't see any cats driving
around in SUV's, building urban sprawl, posting useless...)
Yeah np mate..... u gotta understand I'm aussie tho.....

Out in the desert, rainforests and wetlands, SUVs and buildings aren't
our problem. Cats have driven countless native Australian species to
extinction. They have spread all across the country into some of the most
inhospitable places (they don't need to drink water). They have totally
destroyed whole ecosystems. Humans fault sure, for keeping them as pets,
but such horrible, horrible pets they are. Hence keeping them as a pet is
one of the most environmentally destructive things a human can do,
especially in Australia where our wildlife has never had to evolve to deal
with such a predator.

It's easy for a cat lover to think i'm callous.... But if you actually look at
what I'm saying.... I'm all for protection of some of the most unique wildlife
in the world.

-Ben
Last edited by MrYellow on Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:25 pm

"It is estimated that there could be 400,000 feral cats in NSW and around 12 million across Australia."

Some background on where my attitude comes from. Unless you
understand Australia you might think I'm the bad guy. Well.... Notice the
first 3 are government sources.

http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity/inva ... index.html
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npw ... Feral+cats
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npw ... eclaration
http://www.dpiwe.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/W ... 2H4ZQ?open
http://www.abc.net.au/landline/content/ ... 330004.htm
http://www.feralcat.com/sarah1.html
http://www.feral.org.au/species/cat.asp

-Ben

tomperson

Post by tomperson » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:49 pm

MrYellow wrote:
(yes Mr. Yellow, I think much less of you now- I don't see any cats driving
around in SUV's, building urban sprawl, posting useless...)
Yeah np mate..... u gotta understand I'm aussie tho.....

Out in the desert, rainforests and wetlands, SUVs and buildings aren't
our problem. Cats have driven countless native Australian species to
extinction. They have spread all across the country into some of the most
inhospitable places. They have totally destroyed whole ecosystems.
Humans fault sure, for keeping them as pets, but such horrible, horrible
pets they are. Hence keeping them as a pet is one of the most
environmentally destructive things a human can do, especially in Australia
where our wildlife has never had to evolve to deal with such a predator.

It's easy for a cat lover to think i'm callous.... But if you actually look at
what I'm saying.... I'm all for protection of some of the most unique wildlife
in the world.

-Ben
What a stupid thing to say. So, it's cat's fault that some stupid lad a hundred years ago brought them to an ecosystem that doesn't have cats between it's natural wildlife? It's like dropping a lion on a school and blaming the "sadistic" lion for killing the kids. Think.
Turn up the radio. Turn up the tape machine. Look into the sunset up ahead. Roll the windows down for a better taste of the cool desert wind. Ah yes. This is what it's all about. Total control now.