OT: Warning very f'd up.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
clipperer
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:24 pm

Post by clipperer » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:51 pm

What a stupid thing to say. So, it's cat's fault that some stupid lad a hundred years ago brought them to an ecosystem that doesn't have cats between it's natural wildlife? It's like dropping a lion on a school and blaming the "sadistic" lion for killing the kids. Think.
exactly

noisetonepause
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm
Location: Second row from the expensive puddle, under ten others

Post by noisetonepause » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:08 pm

I, too, think you're being a little unfair on kitties.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

Moody
Posts: 2115
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:47 pm

Post by Moody » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:42 pm

MrYellow wrote:"It is estimated that there could be 400,000 feral cats in NSW and around 12 million across Australia."

Some background on where my attitude comes from. Unless you
understand Australia you might think I'm the bad guy. Well.... Notice the
first 3 are government sources.

http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity/inva ... index.html
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npw ... Feral+cats
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npw ... eclaration
http://www.dpiwe.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/W ... 2H4ZQ?open
http://www.abc.net.au/landline/content/ ... 330004.htm
http://www.feralcat.com/sarah1.html
http://www.feral.org.au/species/cat.asp

-Ben
SO load up your gun and go hunting. Then you could sell all the fur and meat. (or eat it) Otherwise, that was a fucking disgusting video and yes, when I purchase meat it is organic and free range. No I am not vegan, I am an oppotarian. I make choices in my diet based upon opportunities.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

henry ford
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am

Post by henry ford » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:34 pm

MrYellow wrote:
(yes Mr. Yellow, I think much less of you now- I don't see any cats driving
around in SUV's, building urban sprawl, posting useless...)
Yeah np mate..... u gotta understand I'm aussie tho.....

Out in the desert, rainforests and wetlands, SUVs and buildings aren't
our problem. Cats have driven countless native Australian species to
extinction. They have spread all across the country into some of the most
inhospitable places (they don't need to drink water). They have totally
destroyed whole ecosystems. Humans fault sure, for keeping them as pets,
but such horrible, horrible pets they are. Hence keeping them as a pet is
one of the most environmentally destructive things a human can do,
especially in Australia where our wildlife has never had to evolve to deal
with such a predator.

It's easy for a cat lover to think i'm callous.... But if you actually look at
what I'm saying.... I'm all for protection of some of the most unique wildlife
in the world.

-Ben
I bet the aboriginees didnt have cats, I blame you, personally.

computo
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:00 pm

Post by computo » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:23 pm

at least there's something worth while in Australia...

kennerb
Posts: 1464
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:39 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Post by kennerb » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:47 pm

Though I like kittys and wish them no harm I do have to say the Yellowman has a point. My town is LOADED with cats and the wild bird population has been devestated in this area.

I don't think it's the kitties fault. They are only doing what kitties do. I would love to see pet owners put bells or noisemakers on their kitties so that they can't sneak up on wildlife. Or maybe give the birds spray bottles.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

jrathkopf
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:13 am

Post by jrathkopf » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:01 pm

LOFA.... I think the ""i dont have enough money " is more mental than financial. it is about redistributing money you have to what is important to you.. i used to say the same thing... then i figured out if i quit smoking cigarettes, i could buy more vegetables or rice or whatever.
also, should animals suffer in the sluaghterhouses because we want or "need" to save money? i think their lives are worth the money.
I recommend the book Diet for A New America... It was wrtiten by John Robbins, son of one of the founders of the ice cream dynasty Baskin and Robbins. He saw how the massive amounts of dairy was produced for the 31 flavours, and was so disgusted, he spent his life researching alternative Diets that would reduce how much meat and diary society consumed... His research was fascijnating.. He also makes great points as to how we could feed more of the third world if we moved away from the animal industry.
highly recommend it

computo
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:00 pm

Post by computo » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:18 pm

the priority of the consumer pales in comparison to the priorities of the corporation.

As long as it is cheaper to produce meat on an assembly line, the corporate food manufacturers are going to use it.

Doesnt matter if you are well-off enough to shop at Whole Foods. Because the majority of the people out there, the ones who cant even afford to drive the extra 5 miles down the road to Whole Foods, cant afford the extra dollar per steak.

Its a wonderful pipe dream, though.

Moody
Posts: 2115
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:47 pm

Post by Moody » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:19 pm

computo wrote:the priority of the consumer pales in comparison to the priorities of the corporation.

As long as it is cheaper to produce meat on an assembly line, the corporate food manufacturers are going to use it.

Doesnt matter if you are well-off enough to shop at Whole Foods. Because the majority of the people out there, the ones who cant even afford to drive the extra 5 miles down the road to Whole Foods, cant afford the extra dollar per steak.

Its a wonderful pipe dream, though.
I usually lay pipe in my dreams too. :P
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

LOFA
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:10 pm

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:36 pm

jrathkopf wrote:LOFA.... I think the ""i dont have enough money " is more mental than financial. it is about redistributing money you have to what is important to you.. i used to say the same thing... then i figured out if i quit smoking cigarettes, i could buy more vegetables or rice or whatever.
also, should animals suffer in the sluaghterhouses because we want or "need" to save money? i think their lives are worth the money.
I recommend the book Diet for A New America... It was wrtiten by John Robbins, son of one of the founders of the ice cream dynasty Baskin and Robbins. He saw how the massive amounts of dairy was produced for the 31 flavours, and was so disgusted, he spent his life researching alternative Diets that would reduce how much meat and diary society consumed... His research was fascijnating.. He also makes great points as to how we could feed more of the third world if we moved away from the animal industry.
highly recommend it
HI, I appreciate your post. I will check out the book. I remmember seeing an interview on that guy. Was that in "Supersize Me?".

Also, I am not sure that I want to entirely give up meat, but I am always looking for inspiration. I quit smoking shortly after watching "The Insider" for the upteenth time. I will try to check out this book.

Ben- It would have been better if you communicated your reasoons before blankly attacking cats. Or , at least it would have been more productive. That is too bad that your vicious Koala bears can't hold down the fort. I heared the f78ckers were no joke :)

Moody
Posts: 2115
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:47 pm

Post by Moody » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:42 pm

Kangaroos will fuck you up too.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

LOFA
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:10 pm

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:44 pm

leonard wrote:I'm sure you've seen this:

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp ... speed=_med

anyone still think J.Lo's sexy?

blech!
That is so sad. People are so fucked up. I hate people.

Moody
Posts: 2115
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:47 pm

Post by Moody » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:49 pm

LOFA wrote:
leonard wrote:I'm sure you've seen this:

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp ... speed=_med

anyone still think J.Lo's sexy?

blech!
That is so sad. People are so fucked up. I hate people.
Me too! Except the nice ones. :?
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

LOFA
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:10 pm

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm

I am going to be a nice person this weekend.

jackmazzotti
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:40 pm
Location: Boston

Post by jackmazzotti » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:53 pm

apparently this may related to j crew
search for jcruel

Post Reply