Ableton live 5 complete? music solution

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
henry ford
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am

Post by henry ford » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:42 am

leisuremuffin wrote:I'm narky because all some of you cats do is complain.
leisuremuffin wrote:have you fucking used reason?

no it can't record and playback audio tracks.


You can use audio you've recorded elsewhere in it's samplers, but you cant record anything into the program.
as for reason, its a moot point. forget about it. and you should learn something from this little outburst of yours, look at how you are presenting yourself just because you dont like when people complain on this forum. Imagine if you paid top dollar for a complete music solution , and you had to endure what these complainers have to endure. At any rate, be as ratty as you want. Just remember , you are allowed to be ratty and so too are the people who's live5 is letting them down.

ps: my point had nothing to do with the merits of live5's performance. you missed my point completely, and indugled yourself in this little spat of yours.

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:46 am

whatever man.

Y'know, in between my "spats" i actually answer some peoples questions and am generally somewhat helpfull. What the fuck do you do on this forum? not much other that be a complete jerk off.


.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

henry ford
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am

Post by henry ford » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:49 am

leisuremuffin wrote: I'll quote this so i don't have to keep up with your edits.


If it is, then it's only as retarded as your rationale of "not mincing words if wads of cash are involved." You can make a song from start to finish in ableton live. that *is* complete.
would you care to explain , why you think its retarded to say I dont mince my words when wads of cash are concerned ? ,,,it should be entertaining.

complete , is complete. complete is not your vague definition, complete is defined as so:

com·plete Audio pronunciation of "complete" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (km-plt)
adj. com·plet·er, com·plet·est

1. Having all necessary or normal parts, components, or steps; entire: a complete meal.
2. Botany. Having all principal parts, namely, the sepals, petals, stamens, and pistil or pistils. Used of a flower.
3. Having come to an end; concluded.
4. Absolute; total: “In Cairo I have seen buildings which were falling down as they were being put up, buildings whose incompletion was complete” (William H. Gass).
5.
1. Skilled; accomplished: a complete musician.
2. Thorough; consummate: a complete coward.


it is nothing else. and you have to presume that in todays electronic music market, complete must surely include some source of creating sound. Not a sampler. After all, they provide the missing piece to the puzzle, at an extra cost.

henry ford
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am

Post by henry ford » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:52 am

leisuremuffin wrote:whatever man.
Y'know, in between my "spats" i actually answer some peoples questions and am generally somewhat helpfull. What the fuck do you do on this forum? not much other that be a complete jerk off.
you've completely ignored the point I've made, no matter how often I reiterate to satisfy you. You are more worthy of the 'whatever man' response. Look at you, and your only problem is people complain on the forum. A place where , If im not mistaken , complaints are almost intended to be posted.

nob cheese.

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:56 am

what fucking point?


that it's not complete because it doesn't include a free synth?

it has the ability to host any free synth you want. If i remember correctly, you're a pc user so the list is long indeed.



the synths in logic are not free. logic costs twice as much as live!


.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

henry ford
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am

Post by henry ford » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:04 am

are you simple? words carry meaning you know. its not complete because it doesnt include A synth. I like how you say 'free synth' .....if it was called 'live 5 music solution' , then you could assertain that an included synth is a free synth if you wish. as its called 'live 5 complete music solution' it should include a synth at least.

do we need to illustrate this with an analogy you might comprehend ?

do i have to repeat that no matter how fantastic I believe live5 to be, does not and can not change or manipulate the definition of the word 'complete'?

even tho you've ignored and attempted to subvert my point, I'll still respond to the one you raised about the plethora of free synths out there. I ask you, how many came with your version of live5 ?

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:10 am

load one of the simple waveforms that came with live into simpler.

there, it's a synth.



.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

henry ford
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am

Post by henry ford » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:15 am

heh.

i've finished addressing you on this matter, i've wasted enough calories & time explaining something so simple to someone so willfully obtuse.

charvel-floyd
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:24 pm

Post by charvel-floyd » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:21 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:What the fuck do you do on this forum? not much other that be a complete jerk off.
I don't often slap people but with Henry Ford I'd make the exception.

pilcrow
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:26 pm

Post by pilcrow » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:11 pm

Live doesn't make my breakfast oatmeal for me. :cry:

Now, let's talk about something interesting. Can we all agree on the meaning of "complete" in this sentence?:

"This thread has been a complete waste of time."

Cryptic UK
Posts: 1505
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:51 pm

Post by Cryptic UK » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:18 pm

should i have said not finished instead because thats what i meant.

It was just for a bit fo entertainment for me while i was at work.

thanks for the entertainment :D
Drums

hambone1
Posts: 5346
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Post by hambone1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:27 pm

I'm running an entire business purely off of the revolution that is Live. It's FAR more than complete to me. Sure, it has its problems, but many of us are innovative and intelligent enough to work around them until they're sorted out, which they will be. I agree that not all can do this, and for those who can't, it needs to work as advertised out of the box, which it arguably should. I'd personally rather spend time constructively creating than whining, though.

Some people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope. It's a sad part of human nature. Don't sink to their level by arguing with them. Make music instead!

henry ford
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am

Post by henry ford » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:43 pm

charvel-floyd wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:What the fuck do you do on this forum? not much other that be a complete jerk off.
I don't often slap people but with Henry Ford I'd make the exception.
who are you really mr floyd? You just suddenly appear, and speak as if you've been following threads for days. At least I stick to one username, no matter how I'm received. Perhaps you're shitmill the incredible, the cold blooded child killer and IDF champion.
Last edited by henry ford on Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

henry ford
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am

Post by henry ford » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:48 pm

hambone1 wrote:It's FAR more than complete to me.

Sure, it has its problems, but many of us are innovative and intelligent enough to work around them until they're sorted out, which they will be.
if i remember correctly, you use six audio tracks and no vsts. if thats complete to you, then may I be the one to hang you with your own intestines, please?


heh! when do you think it will be sorted out? maybe before its a year old? oh goodie. maybe live6 will fix it? oh goodie.

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:35 pm

Live's pretty cool - you can dj with it, perform with it and make music

Personally don't dj with Live out but It's fun to fool around when your bored at the crib

We don't have enough material yet to perform our own beats but I'd rather play the beats via vinyl than digital

You guys are talking about complete - hmmmmm...if we're talking complete we should have additive and subtractive synths as well

Plus a loop slicer and video - not to mention bounce to MP3 and a real multi timbral sampler

but it doesn't, ok

Does that mean it's any less of a program? - 100's 100's and I mean 100's of people use the program every day without a hitch, write jams, perform with it and are extremely content with the program as being 'complete' - even would go so far as to say they make a living with Live

the few that bitch - well that's sad, life is so cruel to you...perhaps a syanide pill and being reincarnated as a fly you'd have better luck with writing a song (bug free of course)

Makes me wonder how hard some people have it in life - so bad they only have negative shit to say in hopes someone else will jump on their pity party wagon and go "yeah, lets all be miserable together, yeah!"

holla back


ad
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Post Reply