Softwares to making website do you know a good one

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
radeon

Softwares to making website do you know a good one

Post by radeon » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:42 pm

I wanted to make a website so I dont know what is good web softwares. I have no html ideas so it would be something dragging and drop something easy to work. It can be pc and mac softwares I have both. I buyed apple Ilife the new one so it has websoftware eay to use but has limited things to make identity website personal.

Kenfen

Post by Kenfen » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:00 pm

I use NetObjects Fusion....I'm sure there are better, but I'm used to it.

My needs are simple so I don't need a big heavy program.

Regards,

Kenfen

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:10 pm

Dreamweaver is the most common one to use.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:23 pm

The ability to screw up in dreamweaver is large. The implemented an attempt at css into their wysiwyg , but unfortunately you end up making a new class for every text edit or positional change if you use the app as a simple drag and drop app.

I think they didn't think it through. Don't get me wrong - I use dreamweaver all day every day and it is fine if you already know what you are doing, but I say that for beginers it can make your markup look nearly as bad as frontpage.
ok, perhaps thats overstating it, but it will be littered with needless markup and tags, the opposite of what css is meant to be about.

I say get hold of some kind of free cms like this one
http://nucleuscms.org/
, you will need a server with php and sql on it, but it is going to be a better and more flexible route in the long run. Analyse your motives - Do you want to learn html or do you want to make a website?

using a cms will need some mental investment - but it is all going toward personalising your own publishing system rather than learning what a doctype is and what a behaviour layer might be. you dont really need to know those things if you just want to put a site up.

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:27 pm

i use dreamweaver & flash mx
usualy i do everything in flash then use the flash files in dreamweaver

radeon

Post by radeon » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:29 pm

thanks you to suggestings Dreamweaver is more complicate than my need so I check out others ones

:)

buzzcock

Post by buzzcock » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:04 pm

has anyone used iWeb?
MBP C2D 2.33GHz---Metric Halo MIO 2882

Casual Beats

Post by Casual Beats » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:17 pm

definitely give Adobe Go Live a look.

ILTK

Post by ILTK » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:20 pm

Topstyle Pro, this is the guy responsible for Homesite, but macromedia had to go and ruin it making it into a heaping pile of dung.

Topstyle Pro is everything HomeSite was and more.

http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/

radeon

Post by radeon » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:49 pm

buzzcock wrote:has anyone used iWeb?
yes I buyed it. It is good and easy to work you can build a site in few hours but I thinking its a not enough to make personal site maybe in next versions it gets better.

radeon

Post by radeon » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:53 pm

I thinking to know where a technical forum like this but for beginner and not so beginners with peoples talking for wesite design. I thinking to maybe contact someone who is beginner to make my website. I make music and not having to much time to make websites. Does any peoples know where somethinks like this would be find?
I call companies to ask how much it costings it wa sto high prices in the thousands K to much for me.

ILTK

Post by ILTK » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:13 pm

Maybe look into buying a template and have someone that knows a bit of html change a few things for cheap or as allready suggested install an opensource cms system, you don't have to know html, you just post whatever text you want and the system takes care of wrapping the deisgn around it.

Here's a couple template sites I found with a search for "webtemplates" on google, you can easily find tons more.

http://www.templatesheaven.com/
http://www.hypertemplates.com/

Webdesign companies are useually allways expensive if they are any good because there is a lot more than meets the eye to making a good site, adhering to webstandards, cross browser compatibillity, image design and optimization, search engine optimization etc..

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:58 pm

radeon wrote:
buzzcock wrote:has anyone used iWeb?
yes I buyed it. It is good and easy to work you can build a site in few hours but I thinking its a not enough to make personal site maybe in next versions it gets better.
I sat through the GarageBand 3/iweb demo 3 times at NAMM a few weeks ago. You can use the supplied apple templates to get a general layout, then drag and drop your own images into the template to make it your own. You can even do some basic photoshop-esque tweaks to the pics (like rotate, crop, etc.). From what I saw, you and I could choose the same template and still come up with totally different looking websites.

I dunno, maybe I fell prey to the Apple hype machine (I don't think I did totally, but it's possible ; ) ), but I was impressed with how polished looking a site he was able to throw up in just a few minutes—complete with podcasts and all!
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

radeon

Post by radeon » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:24 am

yes rahlo it is impressive but the smal problems is audio clip it needs an image and makes the audio bar to big and not looking good if I want to ad fifty audio clip. I have good infos from peoples so I look in to that now
thankyou
:wink:

pearsonart.com

Post by pearsonart.com » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:32 am

Nvu is free, open source, cross platform wysiwig. A few quirks but easy to use.

www.nvu.com