got me a comfy chair!!!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
forge

got me a comfy chair!!!!

Post by forge » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:21 pm

this ones for Radeon!

well, again this morning i struggled to get out of bed and hobbled around like a cripple all day in real pain. This has happened to me a few times over the last year or two and I' certain it's down to poor ergonomics

We'd had some cash come in and my partner found a sale in office world with $100 off executive chairs with adjustable everything and made me get one

I tells ya this is already making SUCH A BIG DIFFERENCE

so get yer cash or cards out kids and make sure you are looking after your back cause you only get one!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:43 pm

Totally agree, for as much time as I spend in my studio chair, it pays to have a good one.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
InnerPortalStudio.com - Professional Audio Mastering

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:49 pm

when i moved my studio , my car got stollen just before i moved the chair,it was the last thing i had to move .
so now i have to sit on a fckng plastic chair & wake up with my back screaming from pain until i get a new car to carry the chair , it's probably the best gear i ever bought .
actualy if someone does the trip essex to london sometimes & can take me with my chair that would be nice .

udp

Post by udp » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:10 pm

Smart move Forge. I bought a new one a year and a half agao becouse I couldn't take the morning back aches anymore. Now I can comfortabley work on track in the morning. :)
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

forge

Post by forge » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:20 pm

spiderprod wrote:when i moved my studio , my car got stollen just before i moved the chair,it was the last thing i had to move .
so now i have to sit on a fckng plastic chair & wake up with my back screaming from pain until i get a new car to carry the chair , it's probably the best gear i ever bought .
actualy if someone does the trip essex to london sometimes & can take me with my chair that would be nice .
a year too late for me! where in essex were you? we were down chelmsford way and did the run to see my mum in london all the time!

radeon

Post by radeon » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:36 pm

I did not said not buyed a chair and that a good chair would be bad thing it was becuase the man had bad studio design ideas and it was stupid to be writing talk for the chair. Me thinking thousdnds of music song s get recorded and it not matter what chair is used
maybe you have some problems with your body if it is so painful or you are old person? I never get any problem and my chair costings 40 uk pounds :wink:

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:52 pm

forge wrote:
spiderprod wrote:when i moved my studio , my car got stollen just before i moved the chair,it was the last thing i had to move .
a year too late for me! where in essex were you? we were down chelmsford way and did the run to see my mum in london all the time!

i am in goodmayes, it was on your way to london , my studio is in wandsworth , so without my car i have to spend 3 hours a day in plublic transports & can't take the chair .
you know what's the worst thing about it ,it 's the fact that i can't stay in the studio as long as i want , i have to take the last train .

HD1

Post by HD1 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:57 pm

radeon wrote:I did not said not buyed a chair and that a good chair would be bad thing it was becuase the man had bad studio design ideas and it was stupid to be writing talk for the chair. Me thinking thousdnds of music song s get recorded and it not matter what chair is used
maybe you have some problems with your body if it is so painful or you are old person? I never get any problem and my chair costings 40 uk pounds :wink:

i agree you didnt , quote-unquote, say 'not buyed a chair' or 'a good chair would be bad thing'

maybe whatever mongrels brought you up neglected to teach you how meaning is put across in more ways than literal use of language....however that's no excuse, I've compiled a wee collection of the stuff you said with relation to that whole project studio/chair issue:

radeon wrote:RODNEY PUTER
is not serious guy hes not haveing 20k because he dont think anythiinks from suggestions but important he not pay any sense to suggestings of good hardware or pro tool that I mention early. He could have HD system + Live + analog front end + some decent ouboxes.
people here talking for chairs and big fancy screenings but only two peope suggest proper things becauyse they must having experienmces with gear professional that soundings great than only software like live.
radeon wrote:Ropeypunter A HD pro tools system can be buyed for less than 5k. For 10k you can haveing an hd2 easy. I buyed a protools hd1 and pro control for little less than 10k.
So pleasing to tell m?. Why a pro tools + Analog front end + Live + analog outboard not be for your needs? I cannot understanding if you chasinh sound purity why a fancy chair and monotors will help you to hear sound excellence?

So I say before If you buying the things please post in one month with your new twentyk setup and I will absaloute apologise to you. But so for today I dont think you serious you like to write long postings and you dont write proper studio pro question and you ask peoples on ableton forum. :wink: So nothing that so wrong really it is cool.
radeon wrote: :lol: :lol: Only on this place would a chair be suggesting!. It is not so bad to suggest but I say top tell you tyhat a chair was high on the ideas early in the thread???. Serious peoples would not be suggesting a chair early on it is the thing to buy on your own time not to get advice on a forums :roll: and Nobodies has told you about the good outbaord boxes. Not to mean bad to others but how can user here who have laptop and chair tell you what to buy for pristine audio.

My English make me not explain things proper. advice you get here is waste of time these peopels dont know equipment and this is the same as you. I can tell with your writing words.
radeon wrote:
forge wrote:another vote for the decent chair - I am actually starting to have problems with my arms etc because of bad ergonomics - it is VERY important

dont worry about radeo, he's a bit of a troll who likes dumping shit on people...
you are the troll you speaking rubbish all over this topic you dont know nothinginks about recording. I think you sit with one laptop on a chair like in the picture so you haveing no experience. you are big supporter of ropeypunter who is clear to me he if full of the shit. I cannot speak writing good english but so I can smell the bullshiter easy. I remind you of this in one month and we see who is the troll. I leave you to your laptoop and chair :lol:
radeon wrote:Forge to take advising from you would be bad mistake you have no idea what making good recording because you do sit there with on little laptop and think you can advise a peopels with budget of 20k when all you have and know is a laptop. You are big joke to tell the truth.
I will prove my case to YOU in one month time when mr ropeypunter make a vanish act when I ask hom to show photos of his new 20k setup. I bet you soooo much money he is full of nothininks! :wink:

hehe...my favourite one is '' Ropeypunter A HD pro tools system can be buyed for less than 5k. For 10k you can haveing an hd2 easy. ''

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:44 pm

pffft..... Wait a few years Radeon and see how your back feels.

It's interesting to see this thread because I happen to be shopping for a new chair at the moment. I have a decent chair now, well it was decent 10 years ago, now it is falling apart and so is my back. I, like many others here, spend many many hours every day parked in front of this computer screen. Every morning I wake up and my back is killing me.

It may be different for Radeon, who spends 11 hours working in a salt mine, then comes home and spends an hour or so in front of the computer. But for those who are making a living using their desks and computers, a good chair is a good idea.

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:00 pm

so how much is everyone spending on chairs? i desperately need one

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:16 pm

I'd spend more if I could, but plan on spending up to $250.00 US

I want to get something with a high back and a headrest I think.

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:19 pm

RopeyPunter wrote:
hehe...my favourite one is '' Ropeypunter A HD pro tools system can be buyed for less than 5k. For 10k you can haveing an hd2 easy. ''
that's what digidesign says on their website :
"A basic Pro Tools|HD professional system starts at just under $10,000 USD."

"Pro Tools|HD 2 Accel system for PCI or PCIe
US List Price: $10,995"

ropeypunter ,if we talk in uk£ radeon is right ,
if we are talking us$ your are right .

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:26 pm

My wife is vegan so I am trying to avoid anything with leather. This one looks pretty nice, slightly out of my price range but along the lines of what I am looking for:

• The only mesh chair in the world constructed of solid metal components
  • The Best Mesh Chair Value on Bizchair!
  • Silver finished steel frame with black mesh
  • Unique breathable and expandable mesh material
  • Mesh Elastic fabric seat and back
  • Contoured mesh lumbar support
  • 2:1 synchro tilt control
  • Unique pivoting arms
  • Totally unique control mechanism providing infinite locking capabilities and dual controls
  • Pneumatic seat height adjustment
  • Continual comfort
  • The best value for a quality mesh chair in the industry
  • Heavy duty metal base with dual wheel carpet casters
http://www.bizchair.com/a118b-gg.html

$309.99

Magnetotron

Post by Magnetotron » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:29 pm

I sat in one of these for 3 years at my last job...
http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Pro ... p8,00.html

Now every other chair I sit in sucks.

High tech companies always get them, and then when they go out of business you can buy them on Ebay for cheap. If you don't mind the "stylish" design and pretentiousness that surrounds herman miller, it really is a super awsome chair that you can really forget about that your sitting in. It's hard to find a chair that you're not constantly adjusting yourself in. It distracts and takes away from your productivity.

I also hear LEAP chairs from a company called Steelchase are the bomb too.

This really is an important thing, when your sitting several hours every day. If you don't sit that much, then a crappier chair will probably suffice.

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:36 pm

Man, thats an awesome looking chair.

I think, when my wife and I buy our house, I would like to have my work station set up higher, with a chair that would elevate to the height of a barstool, so I can stand to work if I want to.