Help with Live and Edirol UA 25 (recording)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
shampoo

Help with Live and Edirol UA 25 (recording)

Post by shampoo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:05 am

Hi,

I have a Edirol UA 25 and I am running a Fender Strat through a Pod 2.0 into input 1 on the Edirol and I cannot seem to get any sound to record.
on my laptop via the USB.

I can playback sounds via the Edirol (with earphones plugged into the Edirol jack) and I can hear my guitar via the Edirol. So clearly the Edirol is talking to the computer and the guitar.

The problem is when I play anything on the guitar. No recording levels register and nothing is recorded. Here is a screen shot with all the relevant settings.

http://www.shampoo.ca/tmp/live.jpg

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

J

shampoo

Post by shampoo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:59 pm

Ok.. I figured it out. The Edirol UA 25 cannot play and record at 96khz. It's one or the other. You have to disconnect the UA 25 from the PC, shut down Live, flip either the khz switch to 44khz or choose Rec or Play at 96khz then plug it back in and fire up Live.

But try and find that in the "manual"

J

ljd2002

Re: Help with Live and Edirol UA 25 (recording)

Post by ljd2002 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:19 pm

Bumped as I'd welcome any help with the same issue - but changing sampling rate doesn't help.
I've plugged a guitar and mic into the UA 25 (not EX). Plugged it into my pc (windows xp) and installed all drivers.
Now I can hear sound if I connect headphones to the UA 25, but try as I might I cannot get ableton live 8 to pick up any sound on the audio tracks.
Anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks