Page 9 of 18

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:15 pm
by conny
djadonis206 wrote: I made it
So you may never say it's impossible.
Good start!
I'm preparing bread. Will go to a café before it can be baked out. This bread is like a child, you can't leave it alone for too long. So no pub!

// C

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:55 pm
by Lo-Fi Massahkah
Now, baking is the shiiiit!

Although I like leaving them for hours and hours. Do you have "Riddarbageriets bröd" or Jan Heds book on bread? They're great!

Regards,
Mikael

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:05 pm
by forge
smutek wrote:
SkeptikTank wrote:AA is fantistic for some but destructive to others.
...
Again, no disrespect meant, but that statement is false.
in the context of what he was saying - that everything works differently for different people

in light of the small bits I read I could potentially understand how a doctrine that is based on admitting you are "hopeless" might not be good for some people - like chronic depressives who see it as yet another flaw in their character - believe me, I've been pretty low on that front and the last thing you need is someone telling you another thing to feel bad about

my first post here where I said something like that about AA, and I was actually mentioning Alan Carr as an alternative because of the positive effect I saw the smoking one have on my partner

so I can totally see how that could work better for some people

Again, the point Skeptik made was about different things working for different people so it worked for you but might not for others

Also, you said yourself there's less religious content with NA because of the distrust - that's the other side with AA is it may feel too dogmatic to some - like, what if someone drinks because they were some pervy priests sex toy as a kid?

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:14 pm
by djadonis206
AA, NA CA GA - 12 step programs are positive things

How someone would let one ruin their lives is beyond me - if it's not working, get out, stop going, say something

just do a google search on anti aa and you'd be surprised, or maybe not

personally not my bag - i went and meet a lot of cool people, into techno, djing etc etc and I really have no other excuse other than I didn't agree with some of the meetings and their philosophy that I still don't go

learned alot, but most of all I learned one day at a time - today's the day

buy that record, write that jam, get married, break-up, join myspace, delete your account on myspace, ask for money, give the money back - today is the day

not to drink, not to lie, not to screw someone over, not to be a jack-ass - today

it's easier said than done, but when tomorrow comes you'll be glad you lived for today!

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:21 pm
by conny
Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:Do you have "Riddarbageriets bröd" or Jan Heds book on bread? They're great!
None.
One bread I do is on the flour bag (fine rye and wheat), the other is "Runes grova" from a newspaper (whole sead from rye and wheat with honney and sour milk)

// C.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:31 pm
by kennerb
djadonis206 wrote:
not to drink, not to lie, not to screw someone over, not to be a jack-ass - today
Good words adonis. I could never really get the whole aa, na, etc thing myself but it has really helped a lot of other people. I just saw one for compulsive ramblers. Its called On and On and On...

dadum chhhh

Oh and I reserve my right to be a jack-ass . Of course I attempt to be a different kind of jack-ass everyday. But the rest I dig.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:24 pm
by d-plate
amazing how people who can be so much against drugs will fall into the evils of alcohol.

yes I'm in troll mode today.

all the luck tho conny. it's hard, I know it, and I know it can be beaten. x

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:42 am
by smutek
forge wrote:in light of the small bits I read I could potentially understand how a doctrine that is based on admitting you are "hopeless".......
:evil:

lol, DUDE!!! For the umpteenth time, it is not we admitted we were hopeless!!!!!!!!!

It is we admitted we were powerless. Please, try to remember that!!!!!!!!! For crying out loud forge!

POWERLESS!!!!!!

sheesh!!! :P

I don't know why but every-time you say that it makes me laugh.

Ok, if I went to my first NA meeting and they said "you must admit that you are hopeless........." I would have turned around and left and never came back. It would have been like a slap in the face.

ME: "Hi, I'm Jimmy, I'm an addict and I need help getting clean..."

The NA group: "Hi Jimmy, welcome, The first thing you must do is admit you are hopeless."

ME: "uhhh...... what?"

Them: "Go ahead, your hopeless, just admit it."

ME: "umm, hopeless, as in having no hope, no chance, and so on?"

Them: "Thats the one, go ahead, admit it!!!!!!! ADMIT IT!!!!!!! HOPELESS!!! SAY IT!!!!!!"

ME: "umm........ later..."

See what I mean.

The correct context is this:

We admitted we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.

We, as in, I am not alone

Admitted as in, yes, this is or was the case.

Were, past tense - because once we stop using we have some power over it

Powerless, we could not control it

Addiction, our use of drugs, alcohol, sex, gambling, whatever it is we use to escape ourselves.

Unmanageable: Things had gotten just a wee out of control. Whether we were robbing crack dealers to score a fix or if we missed payment on the mercedes for the second month.

Its totally different dude, in fact, NA/AA are programs based totally around hope. There is hope, thats the premise, not "we were hopeless".

And all of that aside, and as I wind up yet another lengthy post, I will totally stick by what I said earlier.

NA/AA is not for everyone, but never, under any circumstances, is it ever "destructive".

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:45 am
by AdamJay
god, you're hopeless...
:P

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:46 am
by smutek
lmao!!!!!!

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:49 am
by djadonis206
smutek wrote:
NA/AA is not for everyone, but never, under any circumstances, is it ever "destructive".
I'm with you man, I got a big book in my back pack right now but ummmmm

you should really google " Anti AA " - some people would say other wise

I think the leader of that pack is Ken Ragge (I got in a heated debate with him over on the SouthParkStudios.com forum - yes I am on that forum but I only have like 20 posts as opposed to the 5 million i have on this forum)

after the "Bloody Mary" episode which not only pissed off Catholics but drunks alike


a

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:20 am
by kennerb
djadonis206 wrote:
smutek wrote: after the "Bloody Mary" episode which not only pissed off Catholics but drunks alike
Isn't that a redundant statement?

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:29 am
by DeadlyKungFu
close, but you can be a drunk without being catholic, I don't know how you could even begin to handle the converse.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:37 am
by smutek
djadonis206 wrote:SouthParkStudios.com forum ......after the "Bloody Mary" episode which not only pissed off Catholics but drunks alike
Which episode is that? I have the entire thrid season here on dvd that a friend lent me.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:11 am
by pulsoc
Step 1 - We admitted we were hopeless in the face of the relentless forum trolls.
Step 2 - Came to believe responding with reason would be an ineffective strategy.
Step 3 - Turned our will and our lives over to the care of booze.

Part 2 - AA ruined my sisters life. She's sober and boring as f*#k now! Don't do it Conny!

Ok I'm done ranting.