sychronize live with 2 powerbooks?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pixelpunks

sychronize live with 2 powerbooks?

Post by pixelpunks » Tue May 06, 2003 4:01 pm

:cry:
my friend and i wanna synchronize live with 2 powerbooks (OSX and OS9.2) per midi. but the tempo of the slave jumps about 5-10 bpms and so they are not properly synchronized....
as midi-interfaces we use the oxygen (master,OS9.2) and midisport (slave,OSX).
with 2 uc-33 from evolution the difference of the tempo is 10-20bpms!!!!
where is the problem? the interfaces? OSX and OS9.2? titanium and pismo?
who knows a solution to synchronize 2 lives properly?
thx

citrik

Live Version?

Post by citrik » Sat May 10, 2003 7:32 am

We got this running pretty well using live 2.0.3 it wouldn't work at all with the earlier versions... Are you up to date? if so the other thing you might want to look at is if there is a midi loop, that will cause clokc to get really wonky. Another thing we were doing that would be different is we used a MachineDrum as external clock. That might help if you have some device that can spit midi clock out....

Gavin
-CitrikSystems-
-minimaltechno-

takashi

linking with live

Post by takashi » Sat May 10, 2003 10:40 pm

hi
could some of the experienced here help me please..
I am using a number of softwares on mac and need to sync to live on the pc..
best case would be to lets say haev live slave to digital performer as thats where all of our midi is..
please note that this is 2 computers a mac running digital performer and a pc laptop running live 2.03
Live rocks and I am having a bit of trouble understanding how to do this without a drum machine as the master clock..
I understand that live will only lock to mtc and wondering if I need something like a jl cooper data sync to generate a code to have digital performer act as master and have live react to song position stop play and tempo..
All thoughts MUCH MUCH appreciated
regards
Takashi

Takashi

takashi

sync

Post by takashi » Mon May 12, 2003 2:37 am

hi
still hope to get some help with how to sync digital performer to live with 2 computers..not rewire
I know that live will accept external sync yet am missing something here.
Need to let my midi play on dp on the mac and have live slave to it on a pc with midi scnc somehow
please help
regards
takashi