Live5 should come with a warning that it mostly doesn't work

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
captain4

Live5 should come with a warning that it mostly doesn't work

Post by captain4 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:20 pm

I'm a great fan of live as a product for a long time, but after upgrading to 5, I think ableton should not have released the product. it completley unreliable and unstable, the reliability difference between 4 and 5 is massive, I can't get over how many very obvious problems are in the product I think as a supporter of the product and a customer I am utterly dissappointed at how utterly poor a product I have recieved for my money is (it's more like a beta version of the product and i don't fancy paying to software testsokmething i've paid for)...the customer should be clearly warned on how unstable the product is. i have lost full projects with the product on top of switching to a work platform that simply doesn't work reliably ever. SO I think 5 is unusable for the moment so I'm uninstalling the product and resorting to 4 again which WORKS!!! now is that whats called value for money? whats happening to Live :?: ?

even

Post by even » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:13 pm

hint hint @ ableton

dj superflat

disagree

Post by dj superflat » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:44 pm

not trying to provoke an argument, but i always find these sorts of posts entertaining and faintly ridiculous. obviously, you're free to assert that v. 5 doesn't work for you. but i've been using v. 5 since it came out, on both a mac and a PC, it works great on both, i've never had any problems. so the product's clearly not busted, unusable, etc., for everyone. and the assumption that it is, based on one's own experience or even the validating posts of a few others, seems suspect when the program apparently works quite well for a large number of people (cf. all the posts by people who ask for help using the program or share tips etc. but that do not include a caveat that, e.g., "of course, my question is pointless because we all know v. 5 is unusable so why would i both asking for help on something well covered by the manual in any event." enjoy.

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:06 pm

These posts are getting lame. My copy has worked from day one.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:18 pm

You know what this is - it's a Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Cartman: So, heh gentlemen, looks like only one of us gets to be in the commercial, huh? Who will it be...? Gentlemen, the game is on!

Kyle: Go ahead. We don't wanna be in their stupid commercial.

Cartman: [confused] Huh? Oh, I get it, Kyle. That's your Serbian Jew double bluff. Make me think you don't care about being in the commercial so that maybe I won't either. Ooops. didn't work, did it, Kyle?

Kyle: No, we really want nothing more to do with these people.

Cartman: Sure you don't, Kyle. Oh, and neither do I. Oh, I know what you're gonna say next. You're gonna say, "How about none of us show up tomorrow to do it?" And then I'm supposed to agree so that tomorrow you can waltz in all by yourself and do the commercial. That's Serbian Jew double bluff and it ain't [poke] gonna [poke] work [poke] on [poke] me [poke] ha [poke] ha [poke] ha [poke]. Only one of us can be in the commecial, gentlemen. The game... is on. [leaves]

[Kyle's house, night. Cartman climbs up to the second story and opens a window at the end of the hallway. He carries with him a bunch of lumber, a hammer, and some nails. He approaches Kyle's door and gets to work hammering the lumber in place over the door]

Cartman: Sorry Kyle, but I'm afraid only one of us will be showing up to do the comemrcial tomorrow! Hahahaha! Thought you had me with your Serbian Jew double bluff, didn't you?! Well let's see you try to open this door now. [Cartman forgets that hallway doors open in to their respective rooms] Hahahahaha! Haa haa hahahahahaha! Haa haa haha- [Kyle appears next to him with a glass of water]

Kyle: What are you doing? [Cartman snaps his head around and looks]
Ableton | Elektron

Music

drush

Post by drush » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:39 pm

captain4, aka some guy from some other DAW company.

i've had no problems with any version 5 iteration.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:53 pm

Watch what you say guys, you're gonna get accused of being on ableton's payroll, or worse, be called a "fanboy."

Anyway, nice to see that i'm not the only one who is annoyed by this kind of horseshit, i was feeling kinda loney for a while there.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:54 pm

here a positive vote for live5, flawless absolut brilliant, said that, my whole system (the computer) is in tip top audio-setup order and exclusively used for that, but i do know several people personally who have a mess in their comps, to full slow disks, blah, etc. and do gaming, internet browsing and god knows what on their computers...
i don't say the original poster does... but get your Sh^t sorted before complaining that the apps is not performing well... yes audio apps are and for that matter any audio apps is the by far most fussiest thing you can have on a computer... it's for work / serious use. so nothing else should be on a music computer... otherwise simply don't wonder.

happy music making with Live5.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:00 pm

I personally don't give a damn being called a 'fanboy.' And I WISH I was on Ableton's payroll!

Five works for me. It has since 5.0. I've built my entire business around it. Yes, I wish it was faster. Yes, I wish it had more features. It will. For now, I do what I can do with it.

I work to the limitation of the tools. When they're more capable, I'll do more.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:03 pm

i was kidding, as i'm sure you know.

I too, would love to be on their payroll and i've been a proud fanboy/evangelist since version 2.

and btw, i use my lappy to run live and browse the internet and i have no problems.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:45 am

lm, i think you just coined a new word:

fanbovangelist

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:59 am

leisuremuffin wrote:Watch what you say guys, you're gonna get accused of being on ableton's payroll
lmao.

warpus

Post by warpus » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:01 am

I wish someone had told me that Live5 mostly doesn't work before I finishing more than an album's worth of music with it.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:17 am

It's a safe bet that the poster could fix his problems by cleaning up his computer. Why didn't he ask about that?

Mine never crashes. :D

forge

Post by forge » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:18 am

wow this is nice, I very cautiously clicked on this thread expecting another slagfest and it's actually ALL good!