should ableton break their ties with maudio ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

do you think ableton should cease marketing with maudio ?

yep
48%
nope
53%

Total votes: 80

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Wed May 10, 2006 2:25 pm

i only have one maudio product. The fw1814. My bandmate and I uses his presonus 2-in whenever we get together. It seems that the be it the drivers or whatever, we can't rely on this at all. Digital distortion comes out of nowhere. I am sure that maudio's controllers are fine. I don't know why I am sure, but I am guessing they must be.

I wonder how long the partnership will last, especially since maudio was bought by digitech.

dancing Ray

Post by dancing Ray » Wed May 10, 2006 4:07 pm

Digital distortion comes out of nowhere.
I only have a very old oxygen with two knobs broken off but maybe I should invest in an interface?!? :lol:

Ray

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Wed May 10, 2006 4:48 pm

M-Audio makes the best looking free t-shirts that they give to salespeople, so based on that fact alone, I voted no.

Kidding aside, M-Audio sells tonz of stuff. Most of the stuff they sell comes with a free version of Ableton. I never sell one of their items without urging the buyer to load and play with the free version of Live they're getting. Often times I'll drag them over to a computer and give them a little Live demo. Been doing that for a few years now.

I think it works out well. You know what you're getting with M-Audio. They're not RME Hammerfall, and you're not paying Hammerfall prices. That's a bad analogy because Hammerfall seems to be leaning toward the PC end of things.

But whatever. I like the folks at M-Audio. They're honest, up-front people.