Acid can now host Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pgunders

Acid can now host Live

Post by pgunders » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:21 am

Just thought some of you might like to know: the new Acid Pro 4.0d update adds ReWire support for Live, ReBirth, and Reason. Sonic Foundry has supposedly also improved their MIDI support with this update.

hsonik

Post by hsonik » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:41 am

im not sure i see why one would want to link live into acid...

i wish there were more rewire slaves.

pgunders

Post by pgunders » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:13 am

True, there's not much point, but here are couple of reasons to do it: 1) using DX effects that are not available in VST format and 2) VSTi soft-synths in Acid can be played over Live loops, if you suddenly decide your song needs a solo, etc.

The soft-synth and MIDI support in Acid 4 have been pretty poor up till now. I'm hopeful that this update makes it a real, viable sequencer.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:16 pm

I use Acid, and yes, the soft synth and Midi support has been improved.

I would like to turn the tables and ask you what are some of the reasons that I should use Live instead of Acid (in a studio, not on stage). Thanks.

hsonik

Post by hsonik » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:18 pm

well, i've used acid for 5 years before trying live, and its really just a different way of doing the same thing (looping wav files together with fx and what not)...Try it and you will see what I mean....in acid, you draw parts for each track, and in live you drag the file to where you want it to play....(???)

I find Live more intuitive and more fun to play with, more solid, basically better suited for live use, and Acid is better (for me) to build and edit songs in the studio...

Credo

Post by Credo » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:07 am

Im so glad to see this Acid vs. Live thread. Among vs.-Threads the pc vs. Mac thread is the most booring!

I have not used Acid. But I love Live. In fact its the best program I have ever used. And with Reason it does all I ever wanted since 1987 when I started making electronic music.

I guess there are no Acid for macs though.

C

rand

look for acid like comping in FCP4

Post by rand » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:21 am

look for acid like comping in FCP4.
hopefully will migrate tech to Logic...
BTW, the original Acid programmer now works for Apple.
Probably WILL have G4 & 970 altivec support too... ;-)
rrRand