So, um, anyone excited about Acid 6?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
atmofunk

Post by atmofunk » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:59 am

i am definitely -- i used Acid before Live, and still use the acid paradigm WITHIN live -- i can switch back and forth between both progams easily

Only thing about acid 5 that annoyed me was the media manager database engine thing... seemed a little too fluffy for pro audio..

but yeah, a few things in Acid that Live should really adopt i think. iF they really did fix up the midi in Acid, tho, i'll be stoked.
http://mixlogistics.com | http://www.myspace.com/mixlogistics | Live 6.0.3 | Oxygen8v2 | Trigger Finger

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:08 am

Sadly, that media manager crap is still in Acid 6. However in later versions of Acid 5, at least they gave you an option to not install it.

Also, I too am skeptical about midi in Acid. Midi is about the one thing Sonic Foundry has never done well, so I'm in a wait-n-see holding pattern with respect to midi.

blastique

Post by blastique » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:11 am

atmofunk wrote:i am definitely -- i used Acid before Live, and still use the acid paradigm WITHIN live -- i can switch back and forth between both progams easily

Only thing about acid 5 that annoyed me was the media manager database engine thing... seemed a little too fluffy for pro audio..

but yeah, a few things in Acid that Live should really adopt i think. iF they really did fix up the midi in Acid, tho, i'll be stoked.
yup, I always made sure to never have that running on my system. It seems so bloated and it adds a fair bit of time to loading times too. While re-sorting my samples into organised directories proved tedious at the time, my workflow is definately much more efficient using that method than could ever be with media manager (I honestly did try and give it a shot, but tagging samples, something that needed to be done for samples that weren't in the database, was a royal pain in the ass!)
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique

Former Pharaoh

Post by Former Pharaoh » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:06 am

no

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:51 am

Former Pharaoh wrote:

no
And that's why you are a FORMER Pharoah.

atmofunk

Post by atmofunk » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:43 am

Ableton should really implement a per-track render function like in acid.. that is so damn useful when wanting to work on tracks in other environments. A lot of songs i had goin on in Acid I ported into Live by bouncing down each track with that function..

Plus multiple envelopes visible on a track woudl be sick

anyhow.. *cough.. yeah acid 6 w00t.. it would be really hard to pull me from Live now tho
http://mixlogistics.com | http://www.myspace.com/mixlogistics | Live 6.0.3 | Oxygen8v2 | Trigger Finger

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:31 am

atmofunk wrote:Ableton should really implement a per-track render function like in acid.. that is so damn useful when wanting to work on tracks in other environments. A lot of songs i had goin on in Acid I ported into Live by bouncing down each track with that function..
I think that is the most requested feature for live. Why it's not there..........I have no idea......

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:34 am

It's important to pay "homage" to acid.........it is single-handedly the first computer program most of us used to get our feet wet.

However, it seems to me that it is sadly behind.......and sony owning it probably makes that even worse.

blastique

Post by blastique » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:00 am

eyeknow wrote:However, it seems to me that it is sadly behind.......and sony owning it probably makes that even worse.
While it's quite easy to speculate this, it's also just as easy to speculate that if it were not for sony, the roadmap for the acid line would not have been revamped to make way for these new and upcoming features. If i remember correctly, Sony acquired Sonic Foundry media solutions around the time 4.0c was being released. 5 was already in the works and as such, I believe that it couldn't just be scrapped as it was nearing completion.

Anyhow, I think I'd have to say thanks to sony for possibly pumping some much needed funds into taking this another step further!
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:02 am

true that........true that............