{OT} Internet = Depression

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
djadonis206

{OT} Internet = Depression

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:55 pm

It's screwed up - I'm depressed

The internet is depressing - if you listen to Chatterbox on LCFR they warned us about the internet!!!

Think about it - the internet is a way to show you who you aren't, what you don't have and who you'll never be with. <--depressing

You know, all I see on the internet is these pictures of people / dj's etc playing in indigenous countries with like 59 strippers salivating all over the decks to a sold out soccer arena <-- that shit never happens to me

You go on myspace and all these people are pimping out their rides or studios and you're like fuck I can't afford that shit

and well, if you've ever traveled to an "over-age" website it's like fuck man, I'll never hook up with a chick like that

depressing - go ahead flame me, I'm at my lowest point ever.

I played a party last night at a club called Del Ray for a good friend of mine and that felt good because we go way backbut then I just went home to my boring home and cried, I'm still crying

LCFR was right - the INTERNET IS A BAD THING!!!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:08 pm

I feel your pain.

TV is the same way.

MEDIA IS BAD!

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:10 pm

Your myspace is pretty pimped out dude, I look at that and think the same thing, I don't DJ and have hip friends and web pages where people say hey to me and record releases and travelling and whatnot.

Today seals it, San Francisco has had rain everyday in the month of March, I can't imagine it's any better up there, I can see that getting you down. It's time for winter to end and the women to start wearing sundresses. In college (Boulder, CO) there would be this one glorious day, you'd walk to class and without warning ALL the women were wearing sundresses, like they ALL agreed to bust them out at the same time, those skimpy miniskirt/tiny blouse dresses :P We called it Sundress Day, it marked the start of Spring, better than Christmas. We'd go 'study' out in the lawns in the middle of campus with a serious case of blue balls.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:11 pm

Hey-

Don't be so down on yourself. I often think of people I know and the things they have, the places they go, and on and on.... But then I remember that I'm a musician. I know that sounds really, really cheesy, but it's the truth. As a classically trained music student at my university I rarely have the time to do normal college things, but I wouldn't ever give up my passion of music for anything. It's easy to lose perspective, especially if you're having rough times, but chances are someone else has it worse (if that's any consolation).

er, sorry for the lecture. Now, go be a musician and SMILE, damnit!

TB

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:39 pm

Heh, internet...

Lets see, i'm an autodidact, so i'm pretty much hooked to any type of info...
What else? daily show, colbert report, boondocks, simpsons, lost,.......

Hehe, it'll be a rampage if they take that away.
The only depressing thing about the internet is the lack of real physical social contact.
But then again, you get to meet people, who might end up being friends for life.
It's all relative. I know that i spent way too much time on it.
I've spent the last year beta-testing various applications that are now part of my everyday tools. Instead of working. Now i'm going to work again, to buy a bloody macbook pro. With the intention to eventually stop working again.

Ever since i got stared with the whole covert operators project. I gained the motivation, knowledge and experience to make incredible sounds. And i enjoy making those sounds more then songs.

Compared to most of you guys, i'm still a n00b. But it feels so great to just get a simple 'thank you' to share your ideas or point of view.

This forum is in my top 5 of main addictions. And i don't regret one single second of it.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:55 pm

I guess as long as you're working towards something you're ok - but man, surfing the web is bad news

I love the internet - without it alot of things that have happened in my life would have never happened. but alot of people use it to make themselves bigger than life itself - when we know it's not the case (or do we)

Myspace is cool - I try to keep it real, I keep actual friends in the top 8 except for Carl Cox and Adonis (but we've chatted via email) <--both those guys are legends and should be in everyones top 8

but see - what is this Myspace top 8 shit - I mean, really

but through myspace some cool shit has happened - I'll never unplug my ethernet cable but man...

And this forum is the bizomb for sure - no doubt
Ableton | Elektron

Music

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:10 am

Yeah... what is the internet...
Then again, what are you in relation to the world?
Overhere i feel that i can be of some value. Hell, i found workarounds on stuff that Ableton said was impossible...
I don't know much. but i do know Live :wink:

We both 'know' Marco van Beelen :wink:
He's a bit overrated and a **** in my opinion. But i wont pick a fight with you for that, just because i feel differently about a dj/producer. Unlike other people, who just use the internet to vent their frustrations. (please dont mind the example ;) )

The point is, some people hide behind being anonymous.
But even if my nick is H2k or Adonis or xxx ......
We know eachother enough to the extent that we respect eachother. And it is not unlikely that we will encounter at some point in time.

Why pick fights for no reason, with people who might end being your friends?
The world is hella small. And time is short.
Build connections and make the most out of your life. Endless choices of lifestyle's. Some you pick, some you cant escape from...
But with enough motivation, you COULD get what you want.

This ends the point of view of a 21-year old dude. For more on life, get the Bill Hicks "revelation" DVD ;)

Call me a nerd, call me a geek. but living without broadband is mighty weak.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:13 am

Ya, maybe if my real friends actually did something musical, I would spend less time on the net. Most of them call electronic music "techno bullshit" and then go listen to modest mouse or something, while I'm obsessing over reaktor and checking out the ableton forum every day.

This is where I get out my shop talk. I don't know if I'd be better or worse off without it, but a little more restraint would be probably be wise. oh well.

If I disappear from here one day, it means I found new friends or moved to Europe.

grb
Professional Shark Jumper.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:14 am

No worries at all mate. If you want to look at the people who have more, you also have to look at the people who have less. And in the worlds scheme of things, you are one of the wealthiest people on this planet. Go do something thats different from what you normaly do. Repeating patterns of behaivior need to be broken every once in a while. Cheers

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:21 am

hoffman2k wrote:lost,.......

is that the TV show?

never seen it but the australian guy were's a T shirt from the bar i work at in alaska...

...and they jacked the logo and made their own shit. but our bar owners decided it was ok

dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:45 am

mike holiday wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:lost,.......

is that the TV show?

never seen it but the australian guy were's a T shirt from the bar i work at in alaska...

...and they jacked the logo and made their own shit. but our bar owners decided it was ok

Hehe. It's an awesome show.
It'll either end with a killer plot.
Or the producers getting shot in the head.
Either way, it makes for some good tv.

Keyser Soze

Post by Keyser Soze » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:54 am

Maybe you will feel better if you witnessed an abortion.
Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

vinkalmann

Post by vinkalmann » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:55 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:Your myspace is pretty pimped out dude, I look at that and think the same thing, I don't DJ and have hip friends and web pages where people say hey to me and record releases and travelling and whatnot.

Today seals it, San Francisco has had rain everyday in the month of March, I can't imagine it's any better up there, I can see that getting you down. It's time for winter to end and the women to start wearing sundresses. In college (Boulder, CO) there would be this one glorious day, you'd walk to class and without warning ALL the women were wearing sundresses, like they ALL agreed to bust them out at the same time, those skimpy miniskirt/tiny blouse dresses :P We called it Sundress Day, it marked the start of Spring, better than Christmas. We'd go 'study' out in the lawns in the middle of campus with a serious case of blue balls.
You know, back in school on the "Sundress day" I used to think that whoever invented them should be given the Noble peace prize. Thanks for the reminder that those days are coming soon!!
[Guide to Mixing in Arrangement View^][Guide to Warping in Ableton Live^]

lola

Post by lola » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:08 am

I can see the impact of the internet to society, in a bad way.
Used for propaganda.
Used for bad hypes like happy slappin.
Just 2 examples.
It kills a lot of good things.
Internet is Anargy, Anargy is cool aslong it doenst affect the gap between the virtual and the real world.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:31 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Maybe you will feel better if you witnessed an abortion.
That's my boy - fyi I'm not actually depressed I'm just kind of in this weird place were it seems like everywhere I look every one is having fun except me - know what I mean?
Ableton | Elektron

Music