Sorry, But Please.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jupes

Sorry, But Please.

Post by Jupes » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:31 pm

Just need a bit of help.

I'm trying to record an arrangement with an array of effects going on at various points during the song itself.

When I hit record, and start twiddling some effects that I have assigned to my Bitstream 3X, it never records those actions to the piece of music that I am recording.

I've been messing about for hours now, read the manual, searched the forum and nutted the wall several times, but I cannot see how its done.

Please, please if you lot can advise, I will be eternally grateful.

Much love.

JUPES.

Jupes

Post by Jupes » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:00 pm

Please..............

blastique

Post by blastique » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:53 pm

Strange
Can we have more details on your current settings? Once you've got your midi settings on track and remote for the required device, there should be no excuses for it not recording your actions. It should work straight out of the box?

Oh, and maybe a more descriptive "Subject" name would get you more replies... just a suggestion
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique

Jupes

Post by Jupes » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:20 pm

Thanks.

Well, I have no probs in the midi controller communicating with Live when its simply playing through a set, but when I hit record, it does nothing.

Here is a list of my current settings:

1. All Active Devices in the the MIDI/SYN preferences are ON
2. MIDI IN set to MIDI Timecode
3. Rate: SPMT All
4. REMOTE CONTROL SURFACES: Input and Output selected to my USB Audio Device (Bitstream)

All my recording worked well when I had Live 4, but I have been stuck with Live 5.

See if you can work it out.

Thanks,

JUPES

kneal6

Post by kneal6 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:37 am

It might sound obvious, but do you have record enabled for the track which you're adjusting? Not global record, but the actual track.

Comfy

Post by Comfy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:07 am

OR....

make sure the OVR (overdub) button is on. If your recording over other stuff in the same track that is.