Vst guitar preamp for OS X that works in Live??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Hulk

Vst guitar preamp for OS X that works in Live??

Post by The Hulk » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:42 pm

I know this might be a tall order. But does anyone know if Amplitube will work in Live in OS X or a guitar preamp VST that will allow me to play guitar directly into my computer?

Also...does anyone of experience with the new Amplitube Live? Does that act as just an amp or is there a way to route the effected sound from Amplitube Live into a program such as our very own Ableton Live? (that would solve the amp problem perfectly!) (I can't seem to get a working demo for Amplitubes site :-(

saintjimmy

Post by saintjimmy » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:26 pm

*bump*

Yeah, Hulk, I'm looking for a solution to this too. Doesn't have to be an amp modeler per se, just as long as it lets me plug the guitar directly into my laptop and leave my Pod at home.

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:18 pm

Amplitube has already been covered in 10 threads according to the search function ... maybe you'll find the answer there ?
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

the dur

Post by the dur » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:46 pm

i have a vst called "mda combo" that seems to do what you ask.
google on that one brother..

::mic-minimal:

Post by ::mic-minimal: » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:01 pm

what about guitar port, also by line six I think, that would allow you to leave your pod at home, btw is your pod the original or the xt version and what do you think about it, I'm thinking about picking up the xt version today.

The Hulk

Post by The Hulk » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:12 pm

Omigod, Dur, I've had that pluggin for months and never tried it! That's exactly what I'm looking for! (until amplitude comes in vst X) !! Thanks yoU :D

saintjimmy

Post by saintjimmy » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:39 am

Thanks for the tip, Dur. :D So far, Combo is just what i'm looking for.

And Mic-Min: I just have the Pod 2.0, not the newer XT. The older one still works fine for my needs, which are limited to getting guitar + amp sounds into software quickly, not necessarily accurately. :wink:

migaler

Post by migaler » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:08 am

I never heard the pre-amplifier vst plugin in the MAC os x . What audio software you are using. The logic audio???? The mac has its own plugin syntax witch is called au~~@@ I forgot whole word sorry~ . So how can you use the vst in the mac system????
I am a chinese boy who love the technology of music . I want to learn more useful knowlege from your forum and I am sure I will provide all I have known and changed the opnions with all the friend in this field!!! very glad to meet every one.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:58 am

Almost all VST's, with the exception of NI stuff and halion. Can be used in logic by using the vst-to-au adapter from fxpansion

Tommy D78

Guitar Port

Post by Tommy D78 » Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:06 am

Has anyone tried Line 6 GuitarPort with Live on a PC ? Does it work well ? Does it eat up a lot of resources, or not so much ? Is it basically the same as PodXT Pro without knobs, ins / outs / and quite so many models ?

Thanks,
T

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:18 am

I'm currently trying out the Amplitube Live standalone, and the sound sucks, I'm afraid to say. Doesn't work at all as expected in OSX, sound is tiny, squeaky, and I don't know if it's my Motu 828 or what. No audio settings to look into either.
The VST version on OS9 rocks though

format