OT - Going to Brazil!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sales Dude McBoob

OT - Going to Brazil!

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:11 pm

Hey everybody,

I'm getting out of town for 10 days and having a little adventure!

Flying to Sao Paulo and meeting up with an old buddy who lives up in Salvadore. We're going to rent a car and roadtrip through southern Brazil and perhaps elsewhere :?: :idea: :P

I'm not bringing my laptop with me... the idea is to get away from computers! But if anyone knows of any Live-oriented events in Sao Paulo, or anywhere in Brazil from April 10th > 19th I'd like to know about it. It'd be really fun to meet some Live freaks while I'm there...

Thanks!

forge

Post by forge » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:47 pm

Never mind, with cocaine that will melt your face at $5 a Gram and those Brazillian nymphos you'll probably have other things on your mind... :wink:

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:55 pm

forge wrote:Never mind, with cocaine that will melt your face at $5 a Gram and those Brazillian nymphos you'll probably have other things on your mind... :wink:
Here here!

enjoy that...

:)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

chris vine

Post by chris vine » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:44 pm

I would imagine you'll head for Florianopolis in Santa Catarina if you are heading south and wanna do a coastal thing. Fairly hip and active zone - less busy now (better) now that carnaval is over. Nice city, lots of beaches - and babes.

Unless you really want to see the falls and don't mind a very ORGANISED tourist zone, I'd avoid Foz do Iguaçu.

my 2 cents.

There are probably some good things to check out in SP, but seeing as it is a huge ashtray (depending on yr ponto da vista, natch) and you will be leaving NYC for a break, why bother?

Have a good time.
best
C

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:32 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
forge wrote:Never mind, with cocaine that will melt your face at $5 a Gram and those Brazillian nymphos you'll probably have other things on your mind... :wink:
Here here!

enjoy that...

:)
Gentlemen gentlemen, please!

Geesh. You mention 'Brazil' and people immediately think of one thing. Or in Forge's case two things. 8O

The set-up for this trip might sound like a wild and crazy kind o' thing, but it's not like that. My old college buddy is bringing his 2 yr old son and were going to drive south and visit his dad in Santa Catarina. Pretty wholesome stuff.

As lame as it sounds it's more of a nature/cultural experience/getting to know my buddy's kid while camping sort of trip.

I want to check out as much music as I can find while I'm there. Any tips are good tips :wink:

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:36 pm

Do you know how much coke you could sell the kid for? :twisted:

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:41 pm

^^^
nice one!

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:16 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:Do you know how much coke you could sell the kid for? :twisted:
Well I never! 8O 8O 8O :x :o 8O :|

:arrow: And Muffin, you should be ashamed of yourself!

We will do no such thing with little Bobby Jo Jo! I was thinking more along the lines of teaching the little guy how to fly a kite on the beach, and you people hit me with this? For shame!

:wink:

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:23 pm

I don't get it, people are always asking me, now that I'm married am I going to have kids?

It always seems to cheer them up when I say no.

You should get the kid to pop his cherry on a Brazillian chick, they're schmmmoking!! Then he'd NEVER forget Uncle McBoob. :D You'd be the favorite in the family for life!

cashman

Post by cashman » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:57 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:... Brazillian chick, they're schmmmoking!!
off topic - That's true, the nice looking ones are. There are plenty of others that go for the gullible coke fiend, currency-wasting gringos that flock to Brasil in search of them, so watch out. Keep an eye out for gun toting kids, they exist, I know!
on topic - Sorry, don't know of any Live stuff happening. Check out the North East if you get the chance - Recife is cool.
Be careful, you may want to stay!
:D

"Kao Kabecíle meu pãe Xangô!"
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

ishimaru

Post by ishimaru » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:04 am

Drink lots of Caiprinha for me!!

Oh and buy Funk Baile records if you can get them. :twisted: :twisted:
Every situation(1) should be confronted with its opposite(2) to come to a better situation(3).

1 Thesis
2 Antithesis
3 Synthesis

- Hegel

cashman

Post by cashman » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:25 am

Cultural difference trivia - in Brasil, music many other people know as funk - that pioneered by bands like Parliment and other bored Jazz musicians - is known as 'Black Music'.
I found this a little strange when I first heard the term, as it could be argued that the largest amount of danceable 'popular' music is of clear 'Black' origin, or at least has a strong influence at it's roots.

Funk is reserved for Baile Funk. Which is a terrible pile of shite IMHO.

But it's sounds okay in context - a Favela.
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments