All times are UTC

Post subject: Why does Live keep rebuilding the Rewire extension in OS9?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:24 pm 

Trying to sync Logic 6.1 and Live 2.03 via Midi Clock in OS9.2.2. Digi 001 soundcard, G4 1.25.

I've never seen this before with a program. I boot Live up and it places a new Rewire extension in my extensions folder. In extensions manager this extension shows as being activated. If I trash the extension and restart the computer, when I reboot Live it does the same thing again. I've tried trashing Live's preferences, but this didn't make any difference.

I don't want to use Rewire, so I'd rather this didn't happen because Live boots up in Rewire Slave Mode if I have any audio objects in Logic assigned to a Rewire input. (it seems).

Can I disable this behaviour?

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:48 pm 

OK, I've sussed out what to do. You have to remove the ReWire.inst ext from Live's Resources folder. Then it stops building the extension, although it does come up with an alert message saying something like "your installation of Live is incomplete" when you boot into Live - but so far this seems pretty harmless.

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:54 pm 

that happened to me too a while back. rewire wasn't working while it was doing that, not even with reason. the only way i found to fix it was to do a clean system install. i still can't get any max/msp based stuff to rewire into live though.

k