BCF2000 Encoder Groups Buttons Semi-Screwed

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
blastique

BCF2000 Encoder Groups Buttons Semi-Screwed

Post by blastique » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:13 pm

Hi all,

How is everybody? I was wondering if anybody has experienced an issue with any of the buttons on their bcf2000. My "Encoder Groups" buttons at the top right hand corner of the unit have started to stick and they don't have that re-assuring cheapo click that all the other buttons (still) have.

I can't tell if anything spilled/went in, but I doubt it. Even so, what is the warranty policy in this situation. I just read about Behringers "Warranty Exchange Program" whereby they essentially give you a new unit in exchange for your defective one. I bought this from www.gak.co.uk (guitar audio and keyboard shop) in UK, and according to the behringer page, they are listed.

Question is, would I be better off going to a retailed in central london (seeing as I am in London, and wouldn't have to go through the hassle of repacking the bcf to post - which could prove to be a bitch), or would it be better sending it back to the actual retailer via post... Orrrrrrrrr
open it up?

It's still under the warranty period (purchased it in Oct2005), however, my worries are whether or not this type of "damage" is covered. I haven't whacked any of the buttons. What happens if they actually think that something sticky spilt in? (and I honestly have no recollection of this happening, HONEST!)

Sorry about this, this issue is bugging me and I have a plane to catch tonight! :(

Thanks for your help in advance :)
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique

no_barcode

Post by no_barcode » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:28 pm

My opinion in situations like this is to always get my "money's worth". You paid to get a working product, one that should last at the very minimum, the entire length of the manufacturer's warranty -- in most cases, it should last well beyond that.

I take things back if an LED goes out, if a knob feels different than the others, and I have done the same thing for "buttons that lose their snap" on numerous occasions. (I tried 3 Alesis Ions before finally saying the hell with Alesis for good. One had a jerky rotary, another a burnt out LED, etc, etc.) I am completely anal as far as some people are concerned, but if there were more like me, manufacturers would be forced to uphold higher standards.

Don't fix it yourself, if you didn't spill beer all over it or whatever. Take it back. Call them on it!

Just my opinion.
iMac 21"; 10.8.4; 16GB RAM; 500GB HDD; Mackie Onyx Blackjack

blastique

Post by blastique » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks for the reply mate.

Yup, I think I'll send it back. Don't worry, you sound just like me. You wouldn't believe the fuss I made over a single dead pixel in the corner of my samsung lcd when I brought it home from the store. Even though their policy technically doesn't cover single dead pixels "due to the nature of current lcd technology" (bullshit *cough cough*)I made sure I got one that was flawless. Went through 3 until that was the case.

Only problem is, I'll be without my unit for an unknown period. How long till they can have it back to me I asked... "As soon as possible" was the answer.

For fooks sake
lol
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique