Should I go Alienware or Macbook ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Ditch Alienware and go Macbook?

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes: 75

frankie123

Post by frankie123 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:49 pm

aqua_tek wrote:wait wait wait.

all i hear and read is wait.

Whatever happened to just getting what you want, when you want? Take a risk. Be a man (or a liberated woman), get a spine, grab your Visa/MasterCard/etc. and splurge.

core 2 duo macbooks just around the corner? yippie. who cares? waiting for the latest, greatest thing usually ends in disappointment. You'll probably end up... once again... waiting for less buggy, better built, later generations of these products, and then when you're ready to make your purchase, you'll make another thread like this, and someone else will come along and say "INTEL CORE 89349879087 TRIO SHOULD BE COMING AROUND NEXT MONTH!!! Hold on to your money!!!"

Who knows. Maybe holding on to your money is the best decision right now. I had thought about it myself when I was first considering buying my macbook pro. But I got tired of waiting, tired of thinking that I would regret my decision when the new macbook pros came out 2 days later. Did I say I got tired of waiting? Screw it. I just went for it and couldnt be happier.

Ok in all seriousness, dont jump off the cliff just yet. I didnt really read through this whole thread so I dont know what your specific situation is. If its really not an emergecy then there's no reason for you to buy a new computer right now (PC or Mac). If you need a computer ASAP and it cant wait much longer then I say go with the mac. :P

Talk about redundant, and bi-polar.
dual g5 2.3 ghz 2500 megs of ram

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:01 pm

err_eur wrote:Ok i was wrong Alienware makes Core 2 laptops, but they seem to be overpriced to me and I think they look silly..........

:wink:

They cost less than MacBook Pro's do, and you get better specs. (ie Core 2 Duo instead of Core Duo)
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

frankie123

Post by frankie123 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:42 pm

subterFUSE wrote:
err_eur wrote:Ok i was wrong Alienware makes Core 2 laptops, but they seem to be overpriced to me and I think they look silly..........

:wink:

They cost less than MacBook Pro's do, and you get better specs. (ie Core 2 Duo instead of Core Duo)

yeah err_eur is offering terrible selling points. Macs are still on the pricey side, but what they offer is stability.
dual g5 2.3 ghz 2500 megs of ram

zappen

Post by zappen » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:01 pm

stability like this macbookrandomshutdown.com ?

Nixon

Post by Nixon » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:09 pm

zappen wrote:stability like this macbookrandomshutdown.com ?
I think it was pasha who did a poll about it, which showed like 90% was problem free..

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:15 pm

I am not pushing PC or Mac.

I am merely trying to be accurate with the facts, so that our friend can make an informed decision.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

zappen

Post by zappen » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:26 pm

Nixon wrote:
I think it was pasha who did a poll about it, which showed like 90% was problem free..
if you want to tell us that macbooks are problem free, you better go fool someone else
appledefects.com/wiki/index.php?title=MacBook

techpaedia.com/apple/2006/10/07/technofile-podcast-looks-at-random-shut-downs/
Last edited by zappen on Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nixon

Post by Nixon » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:31 pm

zappen wrote:
Nixon wrote:
if you want to tell us that macbooks are problem free, you better go fool someone else
appledefects.com/wiki/index.php?title=MacBook
I said 90% based on the poll, and everybody I know including myself has absolo=utely zero problems with them..I'm not saying thay are problem free, but that they are not the crash and burn machine it is sometimes turned into

zappen

Post by zappen » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:32 pm

polls voted by mac users are unfair, don't you know?

The Apple fanboy bible provides what steps to take when Apple problems come up;

1. Claim it's false.
2. Cry that there is no proof.
3. Blame someone else.
4. Misdirect by providing false accusations
5. Redirect negative claims to other popular demons
6. Claim that all products have this problem
7. Talk about innovation
8. Start again with step one.

:twisted:

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:12 pm

frankie123 wrote:
aqua_tek wrote:wait wait wait.

all i hear and read is wait.

Whatever happened to just getting what you want, when you want? Take a risk. Be a man (or a liberated woman), get a spine, grab your Visa/MasterCard/etc. and splurge.

core 2 duo macbooks just around the corner? yippie. who cares? waiting for the latest, greatest thing usually ends in disappointment. You'll probably end up... once again... waiting for less buggy, better built, later generations of these products, and then when you're ready to make your purchase, you'll make another thread like this, and someone else will come along and say "INTEL CORE 89349879087 TRIO SHOULD BE COMING AROUND NEXT MONTH!!! Hold on to your money!!!"

Who knows. Maybe holding on to your money is the best decision right now. I had thought about it myself when I was first considering buying my macbook pro. But I got tired of waiting, tired of thinking that I would regret my decision when the new macbook pros came out 2 days later. Did I say I got tired of waiting? Screw it. I just went for it and couldnt be happier.

Ok in all seriousness, dont jump off the cliff just yet. I didnt really read through this whole thread so I dont know what your specific situation is. If its really not an emergecy then there's no reason for you to buy a new computer right now (PC or Mac). If you need a computer ASAP and it cant wait much longer then I say go with the mac. :P

Talk about redundant, and bi-polar.
I dont see the redundancy. And frankly... frankie... i dont care if i was redundant, redundant, redundant. OK frankie? Frankly, i dont care.

And the bi-polarity thing... meh. I just told the guy to get a spine and just buy a 'puter now without fearing the obsolesence factor, kind of jokingly of course. I'm not one to egg on other people to do something they're not ready or willing to do. So then I said
in all seriousness
which could stand for "all jokes aside" or whatever, that it might be a good idea to wait IF getting a new computer right now is not an emergency.

I dont even know why I need to explain myself really. You signed up on this board what? a week before I did? And already trolling? LOL how precocious.

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:03 pm

thelike5 wrote:And for the record I never said Australia was "uncool"...

Thanks for the misquote! :wink:
lol

who you callin' dirty little covicts ?
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:40 pm

Alienware blows goats for quarters, I have proof.