UC33e Mackie Control - A gift..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jamie3

Post by jamie3 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:02 am

Polyphonic wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry for the delayed response but I've only just got back from holiday (Tenerife :D). Aaaanyway..

Bassfrq:

The best way would be to make presets 1,2,3 and 4 to do what you want. Leave it with me for a few days and I'll try and get it working for you and send you the file.

koneko:

Hmm, you seem to have done everything right! Let's just check anyway:

1) Import into Enigma
2) Upload to UC33
3) Quit Enigma, turn UC33 off, turn UC33 back on
4) Open Ableton and do 2 things in the options:

i) On the midi tab, set the UC33 (on the inputs section) to ON for the MIDI and Remote sections. (If in Windows it may show up as USB Audio Device)
ii) Under Mackie Control at the bottom, set the first box to Mackie Control and the second box UC33/USB Audio Device.

PM me if it's not working and you have other queries.

I've also tweaked the file (numerous times) since I originally made it so I'll see if I have time to upload the new version. :)
hey i have followed these steps.

at first it worked for me. then after a day it didnt.

any ideas?

i've repeated the steps numerous times, and have tried different computers. using live 6.01.

flipotto

Post by flipotto » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:58 am

I have built a translator so you can map your own very easily.

pm me and I will send it, pc only.

jersmi

Post by jersmi » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:31 am

Any chance this setup is available for OSX?

js

johnpitcairn

Post by johnpitcairn » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:17 pm

jersmi wrote:Any chance this setup is available for OSX?
Have you considered LC Xmu (see my sig)? UC33 factory preset 1 plays nice as "generic MIDI mixer" in LC Xmu, just map buttons to appropriate MC controls. But then, you probably want it to be free, eh? ;-)
LC Xmu Logic/Mackie Control emulation, LC Xview software LC/MC display,
Logic environments & stuff: http://www.opuslocus.com

jamie3

Post by jamie3 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:35 pm

johnpitcairn wrote:
jersmi wrote:Any chance this setup is available for OSX?
Have you considered LC Xmu (see my sig)? UC33 factory preset 1 plays nice as "generic MIDI mixer" in LC Xmu, just map buttons to appropriate MC controls. But then, you probably want it to be free, eh? ;-)
simple software like this should be free.

johnpitcairn

Post by johnpitcairn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:29 am

I'd reply "simple (but non-trivial) software should be cheap (and supported)". It's not as simple as you might think, and I do expect to make a little money for my efforts. Keeps me interested ;-)

A different philosophy I guess, but then I'm not a 20-something student anymore (not implying you are either).

jamie3

Post by jamie3 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:04 am

johnpitcairn wrote:I'd reply "simple (but non-trivial) software should be cheap (and supported)". It's not as simple as you might think, and I do expect to make a little money for my efforts. Keeps me interested ;-)

A different philosophy I guess, but then I'm not a 20-something student anymore (not implying you are either).
haha i am 20 something, not a student. but i am a software engineer.

i guess for me any software i would make at home for interest i would release open source.

but of course anything is non-trival, until it becomes natural.

johnpitcairn

Post by johnpitcairn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:48 am

A simple MIDI mapper for relatively simple controllers is trivial, sure. Whack it together and release it as free and/or open source, then you don't have to provide ongoing support or care much about it in a year or two. That part is easy.

But add custom display emulations, multiple MCs and controllers, 2-way communication with various funky hardware units, management of multiple simultaneous MC host apps, fully saved/restored prefs, lots of little convenience features, 160 pages of documentation, online support, and keep developing it, and all of a sudden it's non-trivial just because of the amount of time and effort required. That, IMO, is no longer a piece of freeware, unless you have way too much time on your hands ... like I said, 40 bucks a copy keeps me interested...

But this is becoming a philosophical discussion. I need some lunch...

Polyphonic

Re: UC33e Mackie Control - A gift..

Post by Polyphonic » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Ok, it's questionable whether I should bump such an old topic but I'm still receiving requests for these files after all these years and they have been offline for a long time. I've dug them out again and uploaded them to Dropbox:

http://db.tt/Vy0xpoD8

It's a zip of all the different Mackie Control files I made for the UC33e in Enigma format. The problem is that it's around 4 years since I last used it so I can't remember *anything* about it. I've included all the files in the zip file so that you can play around and see which works for you. Original instructions in this thread presumably still apply.

I'm aware that technology has moved on in many cases but maybe this can still be helpful (judging from the private requests I receive).

Enjoy :)