Autechre Max/Reaktor instruments/ensembles

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FORMAT

Autechre Max/Reaktor instruments/ensembles

Post by FORMAT » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:40 am

Hi,

for those interested, here's a site that has original Ae instruments: http://www.recordlabelrecords.org/ae.html

Have fun,
Rol

dm

Post by dm » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:08 am

yeah...i found this a while ago, and wanted to download the reaktor ensemble, but always got just a big text file. im on osx, so is it a mac thing? were you able to download workable .ens/patches?
i could download the mp3 files (great, by the way), but no reaktor stuff.

yogz

Post by yogz » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:26 am

nice ! thx man
Live 7.0.14
Mac osX 10.5.6 ;

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:03 pm

dm wrote:yeah...i found this a while ago, and wanted to download the reaktor ensemble, but always got just a big text file. im on osx, so is it a mac thing? were you able to download workable .ens/patches?
i could download the mp3 files (great, by the way), but no reaktor stuff.
You need to remove the .txt. Then you get asked whether you really want to change the suffix, you click yes, and open the whole damn thing (which on my G4 can't be used cause it sucks up 100% of the CPU.)

HD1

Post by HD1 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:06 pm

funny to read the exchange between sean booth and some Dr karlheinz (i thought karlheinz stockhausen initially)
bing bing!

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:14 pm

:) thanks! Just what the doctor ordered!

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:46 pm

I liked it. I consider them really bad recreations, but a lot of the playback algorithm stuff is cool - and all that FM percussion stuff - has Max written all over it - is all over the best tracks I know.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

HD1

Post by HD1 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:56 pm

best autechre tracks.....or?...care to drop a few names ?
bing bing!

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:05 pm

anyone notice that guy complaining that they stole his patch? he's basically upset cause they used his algorhythms in their music...

I'm a nuts for thinking thats retarded? I mean giving props to people for making patches and plugs you use is cool and all but getting upset cause someones algorhythm helped make your music is a little crazy.

"hey... thats my sine wave he used, I just know it!"
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

exper

Post by exper » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:33 pm

anyone notice that guy complaining that they stole his patch? he's basically upset cause they used his algorhythms in their music...

I'm a nuts for thinking thats retarded? I mean giving props to people for making patches and plugs you use is cool and all but getting upset cause someones algorhythm helped make your music is a little crazy.

"hey... thats my sine wave he used, I just know it!"[/quote]

I agree, that's like Les Paul complaining that people use his guitars! I'm fairly certain that a Nord modular patch for processing beats that I sent to Michael Fakesch was used in the remix that Funkstorung did for Richard Devine, and if it is, that's great.
j

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:26 pm

exper wrote: I'm fairly certain that a Nord modular patch for processing beats that I sent to Michael Fakesch ......
j
Did you now? What track was it used on? ;-)

I agree though, this Karlheinz guy wanted to be credited... they would have had to credit every single software and hardware maker they used products of.....

Maybe if the patch was really just self-generative to a point where extremely original stuff comes out without you having to do anything? Would that justify getting credits?

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:46 pm

This has been discussed concerning the G2 and the people that patch noodles, that are just that - self playing algorythmic music. If you have something that you find original and you'd like to use for your own compositions - don't post it all over forums. Hold on to that patch!

Regards,
Mikael

computo

Post by computo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:47 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:anyone notice that guy complaining that they stole his patch? he's basically upset cause they used his algorhythms in their music...

"hey... thats my sine wave he used, I just know it!"
Did you READ that post?

karlheinz was NOT upset!

He was just saying that people use his stuff all the time, its in the public domain.

He was WONDERING, not complaining....Leave it to this list to try to lay some controversy on a completely non comtroversial subject.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:15 pm

I think you are all right. And while we are at it, Max should be free. IN fact, Maybe even live should be free. That way all of us whiners can self destruct from the reverberating nonsense demons in our skull, responding to a sudden lack in support or bug fixes.

I am really hesitant to share more than I do. I am am a very charitable sort that donates to paypal counts and such, but I can totally respect someone getting paid to do something that I am struggling to learn.

computo

Post by computo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:24 pm

If max were free, I still dont think that many more people would use it, than already do.

Though more people would try it.