Diet Coke

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Toufas

Post by Toufas » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:47 pm

i drink 1.5 ltrs of coke everyday
diet coke lime, diet cherry coke and pepsi max twist.

snowtires

Post by snowtires » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:13 pm

i used to drink like five cans of mountain dew a day. then it was dr pepper. about two years ago i decided to stop drinking sodas and started drinking water and i feel way better, physically. soda slows you down. it's funny, when you go this long without drinking soda, if you have it again it tastes bad.

network.funky

Re: Diet Coke

Post by network.funky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:21 pm

brightonalex wrote:How much diet coke do you drink in a day? Is 3 cans too much?
None, can't stand the stuff.

Its full fat Coke all the way for me!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 : 3.2Ghz Intel Processor : 2GB RAM
Emu1820m : EZ Bus : Yamaha SY35 : most of Linplug's offerings : Stylus RMX
Amiga A500 : AMAS : TurboSound

brightonalex

!!!

Post by brightonalex » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Well I've been to Holland and Barrett and bought some Japanese tea so I'll give it a shot.
Interestingly my girlfriend, who indulges mainly in healthy practices, has been boring me for months about giving up diet coke and drinking green tea instead, and I've taken no notice.
But on the advice of music software enthusiasts that I've never met, I am changing my diet. It shows where my priorities lie.

I will let you know how I get on. I hope you don't think I'm a spambot, although I quite fancy becoming one, it must be better than editing legal texts all day long.

ishimaru

Post by ishimaru » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:56 pm

vinkalmann wrote:Slightly off topic, but check this out:

http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/n ... _blak.html
My friend lives for this shit. Yuk. On the diet drink tip ... after reading that article I think I'm over it. Gross. Start drinkin sweet sweet Tang or Mylo.
Every situation(1) should be confronted with its opposite(2) to come to a better situation(3).

1 Thesis
2 Antithesis
3 Synthesis

- Hegel

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Tea, tea, tea, tea, tea. Mmmm. Tea.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

Nokatus

Re: !!!

Post by Nokatus » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:25 pm

brightonalex wrote:Interestingly my girlfriend, who indulges mainly in healthy practices, has been boring me for months about giving up diet coke and drinking green tea instead, and I've taken no notice.
But on the advice of music software enthusiasts that I've never met, I am changing my diet. It shows where my priorities lie.
Haha :lol:

But yeah, seriously, it's healthier and there are some great flavors to be found in those green teas. I don't mean the artificially flavored stuff, but different blends of green teas and blends with a hint of some dried fruit in them, for example. If you happen to start out with something you don't like, just try a different one.

Actually, I think I'm going to brew me some right now :D

boatie

health shmealth

Post by boatie » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:03 pm

Never mind the dietary implications, kill yourself how you want.

Coca Cola is fucking Indians over big time for $$$. There is a very well documented story about CC giving the Indians in a village (near Delhi I think) "fertilizer" for their feilds for "free".

Except the fertilizer is essentially industrial waste that is high in heavy metals and destroying the crops and polluting the water table. They are also making people ill by over extracting water and leaving the wells dry.

In england there are huge numbers of people who wont buy any CC related products. Doesnt the same happen in the US?

Think global buy local blah blah blah :wink:

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon May 01, 2006 4:57 am

This is my current soda of choice:

Reed's Spiced Apple Brew.

INGREDIENTS: Sparkling Filtered Water, Apple Juice from Concentrate, Fructose, Fresh Ginger Root, Lemon Juice from Concentrate, Cinnamon and Spices. No sugar, no preservatives and no artificial anything!

It's mah shit. I'm drinking one right now as a mater of fact.

forge

Re: !!!

Post by forge » Mon May 01, 2006 6:06 am

brightonalex wrote: Interestingly my girlfriend, who indulges mainly in healthy practices, has been boring me for months about giving up diet coke and drinking green tea instead, and I've taken no notice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No it's perfectly reasonable - it's known as Male Ego - I understand completely, mine has been boring me about all manor of health related things for about 5 years now, and it seems the more it's gone on, the more overweight and unhealthy I've become.

If she stopped and started smoking and drinking heavily and living on McDonalds and KFC I'm sure I'd turn into a Health freak overnight.