Trigger Finger users group?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rbro

Trigger Finger users group?

Post by rbro » Fri May 05, 2006 3:30 pm

I can see that there's going to be a bit of a learning curve for me to get the most out of this Trigger Finger. Rather than waste this group's bandwidth, can anyone recommend any good TF resources? Message boards? Newsgroups? Tutorials? etc......not much on the M-Audio site and the manual isn't the greatest.....

Dawa

Post by Dawa » Fri May 05, 2006 10:00 pm

When you find one, Please let me Know!

The best advice I can give is to Study the TF Manual, if possible print it out. There is so much you can do with it, that it actually starts to confuse you. I find its easier to program it from Enigma. I've set my pads notes, when the Transpose is set at 0, from C1 on up. I forget where it stops at for pad 16, example it will say for pad 1/C1 Pad2/C.1 so on & so on. That way I can just adjust the Transpose and be able to hit any note that a keyboard can hit.

You can set up different presets for muting tracks, then in the same preset have a bank for solo's, Patches, man I'm just begining to crack the surface. I felt I had wasted money at first then all of a sudden my brain clicked and I began to understand how this B!*)( worked, and put her a$$ on the Stroll, if you follow me.

Now I've started sequencing beat/tracks in the PC/MAC again, using midi, and letting my Keyboards & drum machines be the sound modules. That way the whole song will stays together even if I get rid of a synth or want to use a soft synth, there's no worries. The song stays together but can get better.

I know it aint what you asked for but hopefully sheds some light.

rbro

Post by rbro » Fri May 05, 2006 10:42 pm

Dawa wrote: I know it aint what you asked for but hopefully sheds some light.
Yeah, it ,makes me realize I don't know sheeit about this thing. I wish there were some tutorial videos or something, because I get that same feeling....that I'm just barely scratching the surface of this puppy...and even doing that has been a chore. I'll try printing out the manual....I talked to M-Audio support and they said they have a ton of requests for more in depth tutorials and such and that they'll be putting some stuff out soon......wouldn't hold my breath....

iomega

Post by iomega » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:40 am

yeah..same here.. I talked with them as well
they said there gonna put some tutorials on there site..

I kinda got it working.. but I know it can do alot more then what I'm doing with it.... if someone has this hardware figured out.. plz.. let me know

msn: peanut2k3@hotmail.com

thnx in advance...
peace