(OT) game console advice?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue May 23, 2006 3:44 pm

Don't get a Gamecube unless you want your son to grow up as a japanese homosexual with a very high pitched voice. And an exceptionally large head.

Actually, scratch that. Get him a gamecube and any of Resident Evil series for his 5th birthday. He'll just stay in his room for the next six years, quivering. Think of all the problems that would solve!

For serious though, my mate has a game cube and I'd rather my children played those cute fluffy Nintendo games than what else is available. My impression is that the GC is more kid friendly than the PS2... They can't be that expensive either?
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue May 23, 2006 8:20 pm

did some browsing over at the official Wii website, I must say it suits my requirements for a console perfectly. Can always use a pc for those 'realistic' and 'emmersive' real time strategies, not that I would anyways.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

Xbox dog XBOX 360 all the way

Slap a flat LCD in the mix with some serious surround sound and you'll be sprung for about 8 months ;)

Xbox 360 - all of exclusive PS games like GTA are coming out on the 360 befoer they come out on the PS3 - plus Halo is a must have if you're going to be a gamer

The new Splintercell for the 360 will blow all games out of the water

Oh I love video games
Ableton | Elektron

Music

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue May 23, 2006 9:50 pm

forge wrote:thanks!

anything to get us away from Crash!

I've been enjoying it actually, but my persistant 4yo talks about it from the moment he wakes up and trying to get the bloody gems is becoming a pain in the arriss
8)

That put a smile on my face. Godbless you and yours dude!

I have a ps2 and a handfull of games but I rarely play it. I do enjoy gaming, but I play online with my mac. I'm still hooked on ghost recon - the original one. I'm even a member of a clan or whatever. I play a bit of Raven shield as well. I'm all about the first person tactical shooters I guess.

Lately I've been all about call of duty (1) united offensive. Online play is just too cool man.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue May 23, 2006 10:37 pm

vietcong was dope as two pliars, twisted. diddy-mao diddy-mao!

rapidix

Post by rapidix » Tue May 23, 2006 10:41 pm

wow. the wii looks awesome. zelda will always strike my fancy.

if you get the ps2 and don't know of any kid titles to get, go straight for Katamari Damacy. this game is a must for anyone with a ps2. your age is of no concern. simply fun and great and replayable because it is so fun and great!

making it for the wii would be pure bliss.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue May 23, 2006 10:47 pm

i heard that people who played katamari damacy immediatly went queer.

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue May 23, 2006 10:48 pm

What about those who were queer to begin with? Did they go straight?

What happened to the bi-sexuals?

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed May 24, 2006 1:33 pm

smutek wrote:What happened to the bi-sexuals?
You didn't hear that? They got turned inside out. It was quite messy.... Settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

forge

Post by forge » Wed May 24, 2006 1:40 pm

noisetonepause wrote:Don't get a Gamecube unless you want your son to grow up as a japanese homosexual with a very high pitched voice. And an exceptionally large head.

Actually, scratch that. Get him a gamecube and any of Resident Evil series for his 5th birthday. He'll just stay in his room for the next six years, quivering. Think of all the problems that would solve!

For serious though, my mate has a game cube and I'd rather my children played those cute fluffy Nintendo games than what else is available. My impression is that the GC is more kid friendly than the PS2... They can't be that expensive either?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed May 24, 2006 1:41 pm

noisetonepause wrote:It was quite messy.... Settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.
No I didn't hear, thanks for filling me in and good for them! This has been such a mess, hopefully people will be able to move on now, start re-building.... ya know?

forge

Post by forge » Wed May 24, 2006 1:45 pm

smutek wrote:
forge wrote:thanks!

anything to get us away from Crash!

I've been enjoying it actually, but my persistant 4yo talks about it from the moment he wakes up and trying to get the bloody gems is becoming a pain in the arriss
8)

That put a smile on my face. Godbless you and yours dude!

I have a ps2 and a handfull of games but I rarely play it. I do enjoy gaming, but I play online with my mac. I'm still hooked on ghost recon - the original one. I'm even a member of a clan or whatever. I play a bit of Raven shield as well. I'm all about the first person tactical shooters I guess.

Lately I've been all about call of duty (1) united offensive. Online play is just too cool man.
thanks! 8)

forge

Post by forge » Wed May 24, 2006 1:45 pm

noisetonepause wrote:
smutek wrote:What happened to the bi-sexuals?
You didn't hear that? They got turned inside out. It was quite messy.... Settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.
:lol: