All times are UTC

Post subject: Dedicated tempo keys
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:27 pm 

Is there a way to have dedicated keys for tempo adjustment?
I know it can be done when the focus is on the tempo box, but I'm mixing with a DJ and need to ride the tempo whilst altering filters etc.

Thanks if you know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:33 pm 
some better tempo tools would be good.

push, pull and finer tempo adjust.

Would be VERY helpful.

cheers,

songCarver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:33 am 
the easiest thing to do is get a simple midi controller and map a knob to the tempo contol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:30 pm 

I realise it can be controlled via MIDI, the point of my post was that I don't see why it shouldn't also be possible via fixed key commands - Live must be the only sequencer software that doesn't allow this. Anyway, I'll include this with my list of suggestions in the Wishlist forum when I get it all typed up...

Post subject: that would be a big help
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:47 pm 
It seems strange that you cant assign the up and down arrow keys to control the tempo...When playing with a DJ, its such a headache to have to grab the mouse and click on the tempo in the middle of a mix. by the time you do all that, its already audible to the audience that your tempo is off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:48 pm 
I had a moment of joy with my midi keyboard - I was really trying not to use it as I wanted to e able to have my gig fit in a backpack but once i started playing with them together i realised just how much better it is with a midi keyboard - just assign tap tempo to a key on your keyboard and tempo to one of the knobs for starters - highly worth it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:19 am 

Midi keys and knobs are ok, but what would be good for live performances (especially DJ sets) is something like what we have for scenes. A tempo UP and a tempo DOWN. maybe even selectable interval.

Just some ideas

C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:21 am 
I was just looking at the tutorial PDF on the main site and they seem to be suggesting that the live equivolent of 'nudge' and 'brake'on a turntable is to move the warp markers to bring an audio file in line if it's the same tempo but out - and move warp markers has arrow left'right as it's key command if you have the clip view selected...interesting idea....

Post subject: tempo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:45 pm 
so how do i map it? everything on the screen just changes colours :( im too st00pid to figger this out on my own. im playing with a band and need to pre beat map my samples for certain parts. want to do this using my oxygen 8.... ? sR