Truth and fabulations about recording, rendering, resampling

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
shapshankly

Post by shapshankly » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:36 pm

the only reason i would render down clips to mix in another daw is so that i can take full advantage of the power of my multiprocessor computer.

i find live's bussing and audio routing capabilities to be spot on when wanting to do a complex mix, the lack of procssing power is a real ball ache though.

i can take my files out of live, stick them in sonar and mix with far greater ease and have more high quality plugs on there than in live.

in live, you can forget about doing things with convolution reverbs and high quality compressors!

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:37 pm

ok... guess i'll render then... ouf...
this weekend will be rendering tracks and watching the world cup on tv...

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:27 pm

The forum for every host has the discussion of which host sounds better than which other host. There have been all sorts of scientific tests. There have been thousands of subjective opinions. The discussion continues without any clear conclusion. I think that shows that the differences, if any, are small enough that it hardly matters. At least I can say they are small enough that I don't care cause any of them are good enough for me.

quandry

Post by quandry » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:13 pm

deva wrote:The forum for every host has the discussion of which host sounds better than which other host. There have been all sorts of scientific tests. There have been thousands of subjective opinions. The discussion continues without any clear conclusion. I think that shows that the differences, if any, are small enough that it hardly matters. At least I can say they are small enough that I don't care cause any of them are good enough for me.
exactly!
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

Machinate

Re: Truth and fabulations about recording, rendering, resamp

Post by Machinate » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:30 pm

Benshik wrote:I heard so many rumors about Live's rendering, recording and resampling capabilities that im confused.
which is just one of many reasons to ignore what you read online and use your ears!

- you're a capable guy - I've heard your stuff, and your ears definitely work. If it sounds good, then it *is* good. Good ears and a bit of common sense will make you a rock-n-roll super-God.
:D
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Benshik

Re: Truth and fabulations about recording, rendering, resamp

Post by Benshik » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:07 pm

Machinate wrote:
Benshik wrote:I heard so many rumors about Live's rendering, recording and resampling capabilities that im confused.
which is just one of many reasons to ignore what you read online and use your ears!

- you're a capable guy - I've heard your stuff, and your ears definitely work. If it sounds good, then it *is* good. Good ears and a bit of common sense will make you a rock-n-roll super-God.
:D
Hey thanx Machinate :)
ur totally right - musicians should trust their ears instead of splitting hair :)