Looking for a great electronic reverb for progressive music

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
zstowasser

Looking for a great electronic reverb for progressive music

Post by zstowasser » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:43 am

Any suggestions?

I really like the sound of Fruity Loops Reverb! Anyone know a similar one that is VST an can be used by Ableton and/or Cubase?

I'm currently using the built-in reverbs in Cubase / Ableton but looking to branch out..

thanks a bunch guys & gals :)

ILTK

Post by ILTK » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:51 pm

Never heard the fruity reverb, but if it's a lush reverb with lots of presense in the mix try Arts Acoustic Reverb.

http://www.artsacoustic.com/

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:14 pm

The reverb in FL is (I believe) the same code as the Sonitus Ultrafunk Reverb (also foundin Sonar), and it's one of the best compromises between CPU and lush sound. If you want to branch out, I'd also recommend Glaceverb, which is free and sounds amazin.

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:12 pm

R66 is really nice, and easy on the CPU

But for real lush + realistic, Waves IR, or SIR (free)

zstowasser

thanks!

Post by zstowasser » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:41 pm

awesome!!! Thank you so much!! I will give these a try :) :) :)

nebulae - thanks for the tip on the Ultra Funk plugin!! Thats exactly what I was looking for. Also the glaceverb plugin/technology looks intriguing! Also I think you've helped me out before on this forum as well.. nice one!!! Do you have any music that I can hear of yours? Mine is on my myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/zstowasser It's 'progressive' electronica. but hard to categorize. good stuff. i promise. =P

I tried that R66 plugin years ago and It crashed cubase I remember or it didn't impress me much. I thought the Waves IR was too 'real' sounding and used too much cpu. I couldn't find SIR.. where do I get that?

Downloding the Arts Acoustic plugin. I like what the website said about the plugin.. how they designed it to be highly customizable and low cpu. I listened to some of the samples too.. the piano 'dream hall' setting gave me goosebumps!! i'm excited

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:32 pm

I'd second Arts Acoustic. High quality, easy to use, and the license allows you to install it on multiple machines.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Glad you find the help useful :) Makes my day, really.

I love Arts Acoustic, but it can also be a bit high on CPU. I'm pretty stingy - I only use one or two reverbs in a high-track-count mix, so I usually get by with Ultrafunk or what not. I've also experimented with Waves Trueverb, which is more CPU heavy than Ultrafunk, but not as bad as Arts Acoustic or SpinAudio Roomverb2. Of course, when you want a VERY LONG lush verb with the tail not sounding like crap, the Arts Acoustic is the way to go. For simpler applications, the Ultrafunk and Glaceverb will do just fine.

To find SIR, go to http://www.knufinke.de/sir/download.html

To find impulses, just google impulses or check the link on the SIR page. You're right, it does sound a bit "real"; also there's a lot of latency on that plug, so I'd only use it when necessary.

My music is all over the web - you can check out a couple of songs at www.myspace.com/nebulae or www.indotrash.com , or go to www.nebulae.com/live and listen to my version of the first remix contest I started on this forum. Have fun :)