Ableton has 3 views

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
djadonis206

Ableton has 3 views

Post by djadonis206 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:25 pm

Session, arrange and edit (full screen) you just have to get used to using the shift-tab action - drag the piano or clip view to full screen - easy

now if we could make edits i.e. cutting, pasting, duplicating, reveresing etc in the actual clip view we'll have the true 3rd view edit screen

This isn't news to most but maybe news to some

I say 3 views
Ableton | Elektron

Music

markaugust

Post by markaugust » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:20 pm

I was thinking about that, I reallu would like to have a button on the keyboard for that though; that with a button push you midi -edit window takes the whole screen in session or arrange, and with a push on the same button goes straight back to normal view..
have it the same and in conjunction with clip view and the rest of your suggestions would be awesome

rozling

Post by rozling » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:08 am

Hey, I was able to whip up a quick version of this in my current AutoHotKeys setup (a variation of DJSynchro's classic werk) - it binds the '[' key to drag the clip view to full screen, but it does only that as I can't figure out how to make single keys perform multiple operations in AHK.

Also this only works in fullscreen mode - I'm not sure if it's relevant but I'm running 1024x768 resolution.

Anyhoo here it is:

[::
#IfWinActive, ahk_class Afx:00400000:0:00000000:01900015:00000000
{
MouseGetPos, xpos, ypos ; get mouse position
MouseClickdrag, left, 995, 577, 985, 79 ; Preview button
MouseMove, xpos, ypos, 0 ; return mouse to where it was
Return
}

I'd be very very grateful if anyone could share if they know how to get AHK to
a) get a single button to cycle through several script 'actions' like the one above, or
b) get 'mouseclick' etc commands to work in both fullscreen and non-fullscreen mode.

I've been working on my script for a bit and it looks like it's gonna come in seriously useful when I take Live to the DJ booth -- of course I know that it will be obsolete when v.6 comes out and the Abes give us a proper keymapping system (pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease !)

Roz

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:14 pm

rozling wrote:I'm not sure if it's relevant but I'm running 1024x768 resolution.

Roz
it is. :)

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:22 pm

markaugust wrote:I was thinking about that, I reallu would like to have a button on the keyboard for that though; that with a button push you midi -edit window takes the whole screen in session or arrange, and with a push on the same button goes straight back to normal view..
have it the same and in conjunction with clip view and the rest of your suggestions would be awesome
Hi,

what about F12? Or are you talking about a MIDI button?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:34 pm

rozling wrote:of course I know that it will be obsolete when v.6 comes out and the Abes give us a proper keymapping system (pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease !)

Roz
they are working on it I've read but it isn't gonna be in 6
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.